I am need of a 1 &1/4 inch bore size pulley at 2" or 2.5" diameter.  Need this to add to 12HP Kohler engine shaft to run my sickle bar.  Looking to purchase.  Got no response in the wanted classifieds. Thanks for any suggestions.

I thot the 12hp Kohlers had a 1 1/8" dia crankshaft...for a pulley with 1 1/8" bore..

• Like 2

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

• Similar Content

• By Lost Pup
      I have a 42 SD Deck to repair. Two of the pulleys released one did not. The center two pulley drive spindle was cut off and removed with great force.
      Cutting the spindle as well. 

I never made a pulley before so it was a good project. The critical spacing for the pulley was the lower one ( smaller) with the deck belt so it would line up with the other two pulleys. The top side was less critical as it just just to the PTO side alone.
      Dimensions were copied from the existing spindles and the original mangled pulley. The double small same size pulley on right is for the bagger unit.
      Curious to see how the now heavier Steel pulley runs on the deck,

Comments and Questions Always Welcome.

• By allen9878
      Afternoon!

I am looking to adjust the diameter of the pulley on the engine and the one on the transaxle to speed up my tractor a bit. (For fun)

I have decided to increase the size of the engine pulley by 1" and decrease the size of the trans pulley by 1". I have not been able to find the proper pulley in local stores, and am hoping anyone here might have some insight into where I could order them online, and maybe help me identify the proper side as I'm not exactly sure what size is on there currently (Do you measure the outer diameter of the pulley, or the inner diameter of where the belt lays? Base on outer diameter, they are 4" on the engine, and 6.5 inch on the transaxle.)

The tractor is a 312-8 1985, with a 4 pinion 1" axle shaft transaxle. I greatly appreciate any feedback or help!

Thanks!

-Bert
    • By JayB
      I have a 12 HP Kohler and would like to replace the manual PTO as a sickle mower drive to using a pulley off the engine shaft.  I think the pulley size I need is a 2' or 2.5".  Not 100% sure what the shat size is but I think it is 1 & 1/4.  Anything available or advise on this?  thanks
    • By Hoffertot
      Hello everyone,

I recently had some issues with the middle blade cutting grass while I was mowing. I decided to take the mower deck off. I believe I have found the problem, and that would be a missing bushing or spacer, but I can't seem to find it on any of the assembly documents I have. Could anyone help me verify if my assumptions are correct, or assist me if you see something else that is wrong? Here are some pictures to hopefully better show what I am referring to. The mower model I own is a 86 Wheel Horse 312-8 manual mower.

The first image is the mower deck itself, presumably a 0542ms04 ( this is the 42" deck). No identifiers on the actual deck.

The second image shows the pulley being referenced and the mount in which is suppose to attach to.

The third image is hard to see, but the actual spindle shaft sticks up higher that the pulley so tightening down the top bolt does not actually secure the pulley in place. This causes the pulley to spin with the belt, but the pulley is loose with respect to the spindle shaft.

The fourth image is the assembly drawing I have been referencing to troubleshoot the issue.

Any help or guidance would be appreciated. And this is my first post in the forums so if this has been answered before, or this post should be moved, please let me know.

Thanks!

• By kathyb6856
      I have a 1986 Wheel Horse 417 A  Model 31-17KE 02 .  It has a Kohler engine  KT 17QS  24363  and Deck  05-48MS05.  Originally, the blades stopped turning and the belts weren't moving.  One of the bearings in the pulley was worn so I replaced it, but that didn't solve the problem.  I then replaced the clutch plate, which was worn smooth.  Now, the pulley adjustment is smoking and obviously overheating.  Any suggestions as to what I should be looking at now for repair?  Thanks, Joe