Sign in to follow this  
69 fury

520 h fuel line ?

69 fury

replacing fuel line from carb that was cut near little rectangle box on upper left side of engine.does line coming from tank go in to bottom and out the top of this box ? 91  520 H 20 HP Onan. box has 2 ports on top is other port for small hose coming out of air cleaner?

WVHillbilly520H

The square box is the vacuum pulse fuel pump which has 4 ports top and bottom but only 2 are used, I have attached a picture of the correct hose routing, behind the pump is the hose for the vacuum from the engine to pulse the pump you have to remove the retaining screws to access this, Jeff.

IMAG2071.jpg

69 fury

Thanks  for picture Jeff. where does the engine vac hose come from that works pump? i have small hose coming out of bottom of air cleaner.i noticed that the air deflector above carb is missing also. would you know the thread size for 3 screws that go in to carb for deflector.i guess i can put the screws in anyway

WVHillbilly520H
28 minutes ago, 69 fury said:

Thanks  for picture Jeff. where does the engine vac hose come from that works pump? i have small hose coming out of bottom of air cleaner.i noticed that the air deflector above carb is missing also. would you know the thread size for 3 screws that go in to carb for deflector.i guess i can put the screws in anyway

Are you talking about the 3 screws that hold the air cleaner base to the carb? I believe they are 1/4"-20 but don't hold me to it, as for the small rubber hose (3/16"-1/4" O.D.) on the bottom of the base (silver bolt/nut looking thing next to the carb throat and engine crankcase breather hose in pic) it's for the air cleaner/filter flow sensor/idiot light on the instrument panel that let's you know if it's getting clogged while mowing from the flywheel breather tube in the corner, the vacuum hose for the pulse pump goes behind the flywheel cover to the engine block snaking back to the intake manifold or engine block in that area as I haven't had to replace that hose yet, also there's a small vacuum hose that also goes to a block next the battery on the dash that runs the engine vacuum/horsepower gauge, Jeff.

IMAG2046.jpg

• Like 1