Tyler88

702 Appraisal

Tyler88

Thank you for the views and likes.  Any thoughts on value, or what would be a reasonable price to ask for it?

953 nut

:WRS:          Giving a price is a bit tricky, we don't have a Blue Book to go by and price and demand is variable by location. My suggestion is to look at Craig's List and see what other garden tractor owners of all manufacturers in your area. are asking for theirs and price it accordingly.

• Like 1

squonk

Where abouts in NY are you? 

Tyler88

30 mins South of Albany. 

squonk

There are quite a few members in your area. I would put it in the classifieds here. For perspective, I paid just under $500 for a nice 701 at the show without a deck.

• Like 2

WHX??

Looks pretty nice with the seat cover (40 bucks right there) and all and it looks like the throttle cable has been updated to the locking style. Just for comparison I paid 500 or so for a 702 in similar condition with duals but no deck. If it were mine I personnaly would start at 7 bills but to a member or a strait shooter go as low as  6.   Also have to keep somewhat in mind what you have into it. my :twocents-02cents: 

Edited by WHX12
  • Like 5

stevasaurus

That sure does look like a nice one.  I am liking that $500 to $700 range...closer to $500 but not under.  :)

• Like 3

Chris G

I'm out toward Buffalo NY and sold this 702 on cl just a few moths ago. Got 350 for it. Motor needed a rebuild. But everything was straight a worked properly beside motor needing rebuild. Listed for 375 obo and was gone in just a couple days. So I would say 550 to 600 with out a doubt. List a little higher than  your bottom dollar though for sure.

IMG_20170508_174317186.jpg

IMG_20170508_174416266.jpg

Edited by Chris G
  • Like 4

AMC RULES

:text-+1:Up here in the NE, list for $750, with $600 as your bottom line.

Especially if there are no mechanical problems & it mows good too.

You can go even higher if it's going to Connecticut  :handgestures-thumbsup:

Edited by AMC RULES
  • Like 4

stevasaurus

Right Craig...the Connecticut guys are in that top 1% range.  :occasion-xmas:

• Like 5

WHX??
8 minutes ago, AMC RULES said:

even higher if it's going to Connecticut

A lot  lot higher if it's certain guys we happen know! :ychain::lol:

• Like 4

squonk

CT! no lower than $1000 :):):) Extra for the border crossing! :lol:

• Like 3

AMC RULES

:text-yeahthat:Both ways.  :lol:

• Like 2

AlwaysLookin80

600 all day long

Ken B
13 hours ago, stevasaurus said:

Right Craig...the Connecticut guys are in that top 1% range.  :occasion-xmas:

Not this one.....:D

• Like 3

stevebo
48 minutes ago, Ken B said:

Not this one.....:D

Agreed... 

• Like 1

Tyler88

Thanks for all of the advice, you guys are the best. 

• Like 1

DennisThornton

I'm surprised the price ranges are this low!   Great shape to me!  Not saying I'm right but I was guessing nothing less than $750... 

• Like 1

WHX??
1 hour ago, Tyler88 said:

Thanks for all of the advice, you guys are the best.

Your welcome Tyler, thank you for letting us have fun on your thread! :)

• Like 1

stevasaurus

@Dennis Thornton...you and I both know that that horse is worth that ($750), but when you consider that you can get a very nice C-### for that same amount, it just does not hold water.  I have a feeling that the 1962s, 1963s, and 1964s are going to have their day sooner or later, but I think at the moment most people still look at those as workers.  What do you think Mate??  :think:

WHX??
1 hour ago, stevasaurus said:

1962s, 1963s, and 1964s are going to have their day sooner or later

I would agree with that Steve, as they get scarcer the value might go up. look at the early RJ's and what those are worth.

1 hour ago, stevasaurus said:

most people still look at those as workers

Which they are, if Tyler throws that on CL for instance for say 800  and sat on it long enough someone is eventually gonna see it,  come look at it and think Hmmm that is a cool little tractor that cuts lawn real well and I can't get a big box rider for that.  The down side is the market is flooded with used Toro & other branded vertical shafts for cheap. That's why he would sit on it for awhile ...for hopefully the buyer with the mid sized yard in the 'burbs that wants the cool factor that tractor has, wants to mow with it  & is tired of looking at cheap used verts that have not been taken care of. In other words use it exactly as the Ponds designed it for.   He might have to advertise it as a worker more than a collector's piece tho. Us guys here have a tendency to look at the early 60's round hoods as a collector piece because we might also have a B, C, or even a 3/4/5 series or Z turn for work. Kudos to you guys here that still mow religiously  with a round hood or late 60's tractor!   My self for  example  probably would never cut a blade of grass with that because I have late model verts to wear out for mowing & other duties.

• Like 1

DennisThornton
8 hours ago, stevasaurus said:

@Dennis Thornton...you and I both know that that horse is worth that ($750), but when you consider that you can get a very nice C-### for that same amount, it just does not hold water.  I have a feeling that the 1962s, 1963s, and 1964s are going to have their day sooner or later, but I think at the moment most people still look at those as workers.  What do you think Mate??  :think:

Don't know what to think!  I've never been to any WH shows to see and compare like so many others here have, so I feel uncertain, but to my way of thinking, it's worth closer to a grand than it is to only $500.

• Like 1

Tyler88

Thanks again everyone!!!!e  Im gonna list it somewhere in the $800 range and see what happens.  No rush on it so we'll see how it goes.  It truly is in great shape and runs great so I would like to think like Dennis, though I certainly appreciate the rest of the guidance from the pros.

• Like 4

AMC RULES

:rolleyes:  Let us know...

how it works out for you.