c-series don

How about a FREE C-160 automatic

c-series don

So on eastern Long Island there's a radio station that hosts a daily hour long radio show called swap and shop. Of course I always listen for Wheel Horse stuff and have gotten a few tractors and attachments over the years. About a month ago a gentleman calls in and says he has rims and tires for a WheelHorse for free, and he is on a little island town near by which I know well. So I figured I'll pay the 19 dollar ferry fee for free rims and tires!!! I call him and tell him I'll take them because I have 15 Wheel Horses. Now keep in mind I don't know this guy and he says"15 WheelHorses?, you must be Don Oliver"!!! I'm not kidding! We are a few towns apart so for a split second I felt locally famous! I then got busy and almost a month went by and he calls me and wants to know if I'm still coming and tells me he has a C-160 he wants to get rid of. I figure he wants to sell it. If I buy another tractor my wife will divorce me. So Sunday we go to get the free tires and he says check out my C-160. I look at it and think, this things not bad. He's had it for over 30 years and tells me he's 70 years old and doesn't need it anymore. I then asked him what he wants for it and he says" what I want is for you to HAVE IT!!" He also gave me a 42" sd mower deck, chains, plow and some spare parts. So without further ado here it is, and she runs like a champ!!! 

• Like 8

AMC RULES

:wwp::text-coolphotos:

ebinmaine

Nice!! :thumbs:

Chris G

Very nice!

Mal(Pa)

Nice,Very Nice:greetings-clappingyellow:

elcamino/wheelhorse

@c-series don That is a nice tractor , how is the diamond plate attached to the foot rests ?

oliver2-44

Wow!

tunahead72

Some people have all the luck.  Nice work Don! :thumbs:

• Like 1

KC9KAS

@c-series don Nice looking tractor, and the price was very good too!

Side note: I see a blue light on your truck....In Indiana that is a volunteer firefighters emergency light....Are you a VFD member?

• Like 1

squonk
2 minutes ago, KC9KAS said:

@c-series don Nice looking tractor, and the price was very good too!

Side note: I see a blue light on your truck....In Indiana that is a volunteer firefighters emergency light....Are you a VFD member?

He turns that on when someone calls him and says come get free tractor! :)

Edited by squonk
  • Like 5

KC9KAS
1 minute ago, squonk said:

He turns that on when someone calls him and says come get free tractor! :)

It does mean "get out of my way"!!:laughing-rofl:

• Like 1

ohiofarmer

I remember that you said that you wanted to see pictures of my c-141 and said that you would like to have one.   I will be happy to trade you!!!B)

c141 005.jpg

Edited by ohiofarmer

Pollack Pete

Very nice C-160.Glad to see you have the right brand truck too.Good things happen to Ford pick up owners.Have fun with your new toy.

• Like 4

Retired Wrencher

Don wow did you hit the jackpot. Did you play the lottery that day? Very nice looking. How does the big 16 run? Enjoy.

953 nut
9 hours ago, c-series don said:

I then asked him what he wants for it and he says" what I want is for you to HAVE IT!!"

I have had that happen before;  but then I always wake up and realize I was just dreaming.       :text-bravo:

• Like 3

c-series don

I'll try to answer the questions in order! The footrests are attached by stainless machine screws. Yes I have proudly been an active volunteer firefighter for 29 years, although a few years ago I opted out of being an interior firefighter and now mainly do truck operations. Below is a picture of what I like to think of as the pride of the fleet and other guys jokingly call "Dons Tanker". Ohiofarmer, I would consider trading you but I'm pretty sure the shipping would turn my free tractor into a 5-600 tractor!! Retired wrencher, she runs beautifully after some minor carburetor tweaking. 

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

• Like 2

rjg854
On 8/3/2017 at 9:40 PM, c-series don said:

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

Got it out of the truck and powerwashed it. It cleaned up better than I thought. 

This right here is the deal of a lifetime :text-bravo:

• Like 1

Searcher60

Looks great at any price! Don, is that the original paint? How many hours on the clock? I keep seeing that particular seat on restored Horses, do you know where it came from? Thanks

953 nut

@c-series don Now that is one fine portable fire fighting tank!  Beats the old standby, I have spent several days shuttling water to one of these to fight barn fires years back :handgestures-thumbupright:.Image result for portable fire fighter tank

c-series don

Ahh, yes we would refer to that as a portable pond!