Big_Red_Fred

1054 gas tank

Big_Red_Fred

Before i buy a 953 gas tank that is rusty inside, whats the best remedy to clean out the rust ? Is there a product on market ? Let ole Big Red Fred know Please, i'm starting the resto on 1054, want it to shine like a star filled sky & Growl like a Griz5983c8451e39d_IMG_02801(1).jpg.b6a4af45b56683f5c3ea6eae2b9506cd.jpg

953, Your Needed !

953 nut

You can pick up a kit that contains a cleaner/rust inhibitor and an epoxy sealer at any good motorcycle shop;  cost about $ 50.00. If you have only light rust and no leaks they should be able to sell just a sealer for $ 20.00. Check :techie-ebay: to get an idea of what is out there.

• Like 1

N3PUY

I like to use BBs.   Dump in a 1000 or so and shake, shake, shake.   They get into tight corners better than nuts and bolts.  

• Like 1

Big_Red_Fred

Thanks, i just dont wanna be changing filter weekly

JPWH

You may want to also look at POR 15 gas tank sealer. I used the sealer in an 854 gas tank and have had no problems so far. Been 1 1/2 years now. I did not use the cleaner and rust inhibitor though. I bought a half pint and had half of it left over.

• Like 2

hard worker

where can i buy cast iron  rear wheel weights for my 963 horse

953 nut
5 minutes ago, hard worker said:

where can i buy cast iron  rear wheel weights for my 963 horse

Put a wanted ad in our classified section and keep looking on :techie-ebay:, I got a set there a couple of years ago for $ 150 plus $ 60 shipping. It was the first set I had found in five years. They are a two piece weight that bolts directly to the hub on the inside.

• Like 2