mikeeyre74

Ign. Switch Lawn Ranger

mikeeyre74

Have a three position ignition switch for a lawn ranger from 1968. the post broke off the switch and we're looking for a replacement. NAPA says $50+ for a replacement but they're not even sure it's correct. Anyone got a better part number or place to shop?

pfrederi

The key switch on a electric start or the toggle on a recoil?

I assume you mean for electric start.  Two ways to go here.  I know

new2horses

has the heavy duty 3 pole switch for battery systems he may have one for your magneto.  If not check ebay etc you want a #95510-B Cole Hersee extra heavy duty 3 position Mag ignition system switch.  Be sure you get a mag switch (terminal will be marke M no IGN terminal.  less you fry your magneto.

You could buy a solenoid and use a regular Mag switch from Lowes/Home Depot....

mikeeyre74

Yes, the electric start is what I was referring to. I googled up that part number there, but it seems like eBay is all out of them at the moment. My dealer has them for nearly $60 a piece... is that my only option, then?

pfrederi

Maybe the auto parts store can find the cole hersee for less money. 

Or go to the big box store by a garden tract 12v solenoid Home Depot $13  and regular magneto garden tract ignition switch about $9  Also amazon has both.

WHX??

If it's the heavy duty 70 amp one that directly runs the starter don't screw around on fleabay go right to Dave Brown @new2horses and he'll fix you right up....he's got some dandies at a real good price.  

pfrederi
8 minutes ago, WHX11 said:

If it's the heavy duty 70 amp one that directly runs the starter don't screw around on fleabay go right to Dave Brown @new2horses and he'll fix you right up....he's got some dandies at a real good price.  

Yes he does i have gotten 2 Battery Igntion from him great guy to deal with!!!!...But i think he has gone away for a bit and i do not know if he has the magneto switches  

mikeeyre74

My friend would prefer to keep it stock how it was made. I've sent a message here to the fellow you listed above.. we'll see what he says.