Jump to content
callum12

will this transaxle fit?

Recommended Posts

Hi all,

I'm selling a three speed uni drive and a potential buyer has asked if it will fit his mid 1960's wheel horse 800. 

the uni drive in question is a three speed, as far as I'm aware the only this that really changes between models is the brake position?

 

thank you very much,

Callum :) 

mvIQBLEVswPdKRSVMm55wcA.jpg

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

:handgestures-thumbupright:               Should fit, he may have to use his shift lever if there is interference.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Right...you have what the manual calls a 3 speed...the 800 would use the 4 speed.  It will bolt on, but you are correct about the brake position being different.  One other thing...the 800 axles are probably longer so the wheels clear the fenders.  The brake linkage would need some fabrication to work.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, callum12 said:

Hi all,

I'm selling a three speed uni drive and a potential buyer has asked if it will fit his mid 1960's wheel horse 800. 

the uni drive in question is a three speed, as far as I'm aware the only this that really changes between models is the brake position?

 

thank you very much,

Callum :) 

mvIQBLEVswPdKRSVMm55wcA.jpg

We're not talking about an 800 special with the Peerless are we? 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
24 minutes ago, squonk said:

We're not talking about an 800 special with the Peerless are we? 

 

No, definitely a uni drive, his one is jumping out of gear.

 

callum 

2 hours ago, stevasaurus said:

Right...you have what the manual calls a 3 speed...the 800 would use the 4 speed.  It will bolt on, but you are correct about the brake position being different.  One other thing...the 800 axles are probably longer so the wheels clear the fenders.  The brake linkage would need some fabrication to work.

ok, thank you very much, 

I've asked him to check if the hubs are against the gearbox or if there's a gap. and to compare the image of mine and his to get the brake position 

 

callum :) 

2 hours ago, 953 nut said:

:handgestures-thumbupright:               Should fit, he may have to use his shift lever if there is interference.

yeah, that shouldn't be an issue, he as his gearbox so he can use the gear stick from that one. :) 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Only thing I know that is different is as stated previously. The brake location and linkage is different as well as the way the brake band bolts on. But with that being said if the tractor that it is being put on is a round hood and you have a newer transaxle with the brake drum lower, then you will not be able to put a short frame plow on the tractor. Cause it will not clear the brake when being lifted. 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now


  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×