reds8710

General Questions regarding 78361 48" SD

reds8710

Good morning folks. I've been meaning to get around to this for a while, but life happens. lol 

First and foremost, I've had issues getting the height of cut that I'm looking for. My OM states that I should be able to get a 3 1/2 cut. The closest I've been able to get it is 3 - 3 1/4 (I believe I've traced this to the deck wheels on the rear being worn.) Everything I've read states they should be 6" diameter wheels and mine appear to be worn down to 5 3/4 or so. Does anyone know of a cost efficient wheel to replace these with? I've looked at the ones on eBay/Amazon (Stens, red in color) and it's hard for me to choke down buying a set for 50-70+ dollars when I can source a set of rear ag tires for 100 bucks. If not I'll bite the bullet if I need to, just doesn't make much sense to me. 

Also, there are adjustments on each side of the deck ( I read later that the rear wheels actually handle that which makes sense to me)  that I thought were for leveling side to side, however I'm having trouble understanding how they should be set because they don't hold the deck level or change anything, unless the front anti scalp wheels are hitting an incline. At that point it seems these adjusters limit the upward travel of the front of the deck? Can any of you fine folks explain to me what the heck I need to do to get this thing ironed out? The help is greatly appreciated and thanks for allowing me to be a part of such a great community. Look forward to many years of Horse riding with you fellas. 

oldlineman

You can source them on e play for around $35.00 to $40.00 with bolts.

reds8710
1 minute ago, oldlineman said:

You can source them on e play for around $35.00 to $40.00 with bolts.

Per wheel or set? Just wanna make sure I'm on the same page. I about had a heart attack when I seen a wheel for 30-40 with no bolt. 

oldlineman

I just looked and they are per set with bolts and nuts. Just search toro deck wheels. An after thought is that one or more of our venders may have these wheels and bolts also and it is good to support our venders. Go to our vender section and check, it is good to support our venders.

• Like 1

reds8710
Just now, oldlineman said:

I just looked and they are per set with bolts and nuts. Just search toro deck wheels. An after thought is that one or more of our venders may have these wheels and bolts also and it is good to support our venders. Go to our vender section and check, it is good to support our venders.

Good idea my friend. I'll look into sourcing from our vendors. I'd much rather spend my cash with a local person/business than to let Amazon/eBay get a cut. Thanks for the assistance and quick replies. 

reds8710

Ordered a set on eBay today. Thank you again for the help. It's amazing what a difference it makes when you know what to search for.