Sign in to follow this  
Country Cadillac

Attachment

Country Cadillac

Hello folks...newbie here.. been lookin around the site and another good bounch of helpful folks. I was wondering how big a deck they made for my D160. It's got a 48" on it now, but with the lawn I've got I would really like something bigger. I know...it's a little early to be thinking about lawns, but just a little wishful thinking. Winters are long up here in the north country. And is there a place that might list what was available in 1980 ??? Thanks for your time :thumbs: Ray

Buzz

A 48" is the only one I see listed for the D-160. Go to this link and enter your model number 01-16os01:

https://lookup3.toro.com/partdex/index.cfm?xCaller=Toro

When it opens click on "view assembly drawings" then when that opens click on "view attachments and accessories" at the upper right. Gives a list of what was available at the time.

Rollerman

Ray if you put you tractors serial number in on the Toro Master Parts Veiwer "MPV"

it will show various info on your D as well as an attacment list.

https://lookup3.toro.com/partdex/default.cfm

I'm pretty sure a 48" side discharge was the biggest mid mount mower they offered but if you have a 3 point hitch & a rear PTO Wheel Horse did offer a larger rear finish mower when the D's were produced too.

Horse made a few 60" mid mount mowers for the 520H & C195 tractors too.

Both are different designs, but the 60" deck from a C195 can be modded to work on a D.

"Edit"

I see Buzz is a way faster typer than I am. :thumbs:

Ray since you are only running 16HP through a hydro you may want to stick with your 48" deck & look at a tag along finish mower too.

TJ

:thumbs:

WHC-125

:thumbs:

jerrell

:whistle: I see this is your first post, welcome, where in the North Country are you, I have about 5 acres down here in arkansas to mow and had to breakdown and bought a toro 52 inch mower, got a C175 with a 48 in mower but the toro is so much faster,, again welcome to RS :thumbs:

Country Cadillac

Probably not doing this right but here goes....I'm from Grand Isle , Vt. and I want to say thanks for the feed back, I can make almost anything fit if there's half a chance it will , a 60" deck would be perfect for the lawn I've got to mow. Anybody got one for sale???? And Buzz, I did check the site out and you were right about the 48" deck being the only one they offered. And tickster what would a 3 point hitch and a pto used cost??? or a finish mower? What I really need is a brush hog for the back 4 acres. You 'guys have got me goin crazy thinkin about all these attachments that I need to start lookin for..... ain't it great.. My wife Cathy wants to expand the gardens and I guess that would mean a tiller to get things started and I'm sure there's probably a used one of those out there somewhere. Appreciate the feedback :thumbs: Ray

Operator

:thumbs: Ray, With all the yard to mow plus a garden I see a 2nd. tractor plus a backup unit. :banana:

Randy

bitten

Ray

:thumbs::whistle::whistle:

I have a D with the 48" deck and with the yard we have would never concider useing it to mow my yard. I use a Ferris ( hey it is red) with a 62" deck that will mow nicely at 10MPH.

For the back 40 that you have a finish mower on the back of your D would be very nice to have if you arent really useing it as a lawn. I have been looking for one for mine for awhile to mow the paths in the woods but havebt got one yet.

A 3 point, a PTO, and a 48" tiller is the way to go for a garden. Just a little tricky on depth control but I'm starting to get it down. Also concider a 3point cultivator, really helps with weed control.

As for the cost and avalibilty all I can say is good luck. Someone here might have some for sale. Check flee-bay, your local craigslist and there is a couple of yahoo groups that migtht be of help. Look around on your daily drives for red parked out back of peoples houses, just be carefull of your driveing. That is how I got my D200, but I was very lucky and it had all that stuff with it( plus a snow blower), and paid for it what I have seen some tillers go for.

Be patiant and Good Luck,

P.J.

Country Cadillac

P.J. Thanks for the response and maybe I'll get lucky as you did. There nothing like spending time lookin at someones junk piles and the farms up here have no shortage of that stuff. We've got just 10 acres and I've managed to clear a good share of it but I have to borrow my brother-in laws brush hog on one of those other kind of tractors for the back five. At least now I know what I have available to look for .....Take care Ray

d180man

Hi most deck we see and have is 48in ones but in our book they list a 48in for the d160 but for the d200 they list a 48in and a 60in mid mower and yes they have a 60in rear mower that work with the 3pt and 2000 rpm pto we have the and i have seen a biger one i think it was a 72 in one and i have been told they have a 48 in on too and i have seen a 48 in brushhog and flat mowers on them! hope this helps and if you are looking for a tiller we have so and may know where one is just let me know if you are still looking for one! :thumbs: :whistle:

Country Cadillac

:thumbs: d180man.....and yes I am still looking for a selfpowered tiller that can be towed behind .... take care Ray