Jump to content

Recommended Posts

Very nice wheel horse you got there looks great ! 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Very nice looking herd you have. Excellent work on the resto's:handgestures-thumbupright:

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, Jim Demery said:

The 633 is a tribute tractor for a close friend who lost his fight with cancer in February. 

20170722_184241.jpg

20170722_184314.jpg

 

You did it right for your friend!  Great tribute!:text-bravo:

  • Like 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)
53 minutes ago, PeacemakerJack said:

You did it right for your friend!  Great tribute!:text-bravo:

53 minutes ago, PeacemakerJack said:

 

 

20170801_194821.jpg

20170801_194650.jpg

20170801_194716.jpg

Edited by Jim Demery
More pictures of my 701
  • Like 4

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

That is a sharp :wh:!  Is the Allis yours too?  That is also a nice looking tractor.   

 

I was looking in your member profile and saw that you aren't too far from Peoria.  Have you ever heard of the Blunier Garden Tractor plow day?  They host it at their farm every other year. The next one will be in October 2018 and it wouldn't be far for you to attend...It quite a spectacle to see 60-70 GT's turning earth in one place at one time!  Click on this link below and you can see some of the fun that we've had in years past.  @dtallon is a forum member who has made it out the last couple of years with his family and several awesome horses from his stable.  

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, PeacemakerJack said:

That is a sharp :wh:!  Is the Allis yours too?  That is also a nice looking tractor.   

 

I was looking in your member profile and saw that you aren't too far from Peoria.  Have you ever heard of the Blunier Garden Tractor plow day?  They host it at their farm every other year. The next one will be in October 2018 and it wouldn't be far for you to attend...It quite a spectacle to see 60-70 GT's turning earth in one place at one time!  Click on this link below and you can see some of the fun that we've had in years past.  @dtallon is a forum member who has made it out the last couple of years with his family and several awesome horses from his stable.  

 

Hi Jack, I'm about an hour west of Peoria. I have never heard of that event before, but now I wish I still had my 70 GT14.

20170310_203554.jpg

20170310_203455.jpg

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Just want to say nice tractors before some plow boy pulls you :offtopic::ychain:

That's a little more than a make over that looks to be a full blown resto! :handgestures-thumbupright:

A 701 is always on my  bucket list.

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
14 minutes ago, WHX11 said:

Just want to say nice tractors before some plow boy pulls you :offtopic::ychain:

That's a little more than a make over that looks to be a full blown resto! :handgestures-thumbupright:

A 701 is always on my  bucket list.

I didn't do anything to the engine, but I did have the tractor completely disassembled. Here's a few pics. 

20170724_215606.jpg

20170724_215723.jpg

20170724_215940.jpg

20170726_181736.jpg

20170727_215546.jpg

  • Like 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Jim, you have out done your self here. Great job wheel weights looks real nice on there.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, WHX11 said:

Just want to say nice tractors before some plow boy pulls you :offtopic::ychain:

THIS "plow dog" mind always "goes in the furrow", when I see a sharp machine like that 701 which is equipped with all the right stuff. A gear drive, K series single, liftable hitch, AG tires, and weights, I get all warm a fuzzy thinking, "that would make a fun plow tractor!" :rolleyes:  But alas--I guess they can be used for other purposes too:think:

 

Jim--great job on that refurbish. I sure like that big wheel GT-14.  My youngest son has one.  I really like that tractor.  Yours had the Cat 0 on it which is super cool!  Thanks for sharing the great pics...

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Rp.wh said:

Jim, you have out done your self here. Great job wheel weights looks real nice on there.

:text-yeahthat: Just something about that double wide belt guard! :banana-dance:

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, PeacemakerJack said:

THIS "plow dog" mind always "goes in the furrow", when I see a sharp machine like that 701 which is equipped with all the right stuff. A gear drive, K series single, liftable hitch, AG tires, and weights, I get all warm a fuzzy thinking, "that would make a fun plow tractor!" :rolleyes:  But alas--I guess they can be used for other purposes too:think:

 

Jim--great job on that refurbish. I sure like that big wheel GT-14.  My youngest son has one.  I really like that tractor.  Yours had the Cat 0 on it which is super cool!  Thanks for sharing the great pics...

In answering Peacemaker Jack's question, yes, the 1966 Allis Chalmers B10 is also my tractor. I also have 1968 Allis Chalmers B112 that I'm in the process of repainting for the show. I will be posting pictures of it after completion. 

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 8/2/2017 at 8:12 AM, PeacemakerJack said:

That is a sharp :wh:!  Is the Allis yours too?  That is also a nice looking tractor.   

 

I was looking in your member profile and saw that you aren't too far from Peoria.  Have you ever heard of the Blunier Garden Tractor plow day?  They host it at their farm every other year. The next one will be in October 2018 and it wouldn't be far for you to attend...It quite a spectacle to see 60-70 GT's turning earth in one place at one time!  Click on this link below and you can see some of the fun that we've had in years past.  @dtallon is a forum member who has made it out the last couple of years with his family and several awesome horses from his stable.  

 

Here's my other Allis Chalmers Jack. Just finished it tonight. Waiting on a seat now.

20170805_205651.jpg

20170805_205409.jpg

  • Like 4

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

You did a great job on that Allis too Jim!  I'm definitely impressed with your work and I hope to see some examples in person in the not to distant future.  I was at a show yesterday that you would've really enjoyed.  It had a wide variety of GT's...

 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, PeacemakerJack said:

You did a great job on that Allis too Jim!  I'm definitely impressed with your work and I hope to see some examples in person in the not to distant future.  I was at a show yesterday that you would've really enjoyed.  It had a wide variety of GT's...

 

Pushed the ole girl outside this morning and took a few more pictures. 

20170806_093709.jpg

20170806_093555.jpg

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, PeacemakerJack said:

You did a great job on that Allis too Jim!  I'm definitely impressed with your work and I hope to see some examples in person in the not to distant future.  I was at a show yesterday that you would've really enjoyed.  It had a wide variety of GT's...

 

Thanks Jack, that means alot to receive a compliment like that. Hopefully you could make it to the Bushnell show on the 26th of this month :flags-usa:

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)
On 8/1/2017 at 5:02 PM, Jim Demery said:

I've had this 701 for about a year. It ran nice but didn't look the greatest. This summer I decided it was going to get a make-over before our local tractor show. The following pictures show it before and after. 

20160823_190541.jpg

20170729_124537.jpg

20170725_161552.jpg

20170801_162517.jpg

20170801_162603.jpg

 

On 8/1/2017 at 5:02 PM, Jim Demery said:

I've had this 701 for about a year. It ran nice but didn't look the greatest. This summer I decided it was going to get a make-over before our local tractor show. The following pictures show it before and after. 

20160823_190541.jpg

20170729_124537.jpg

20170725_161552.jpg

20170801_162517.jpg

20170801_162603.jpg

 

Screenshot_2017-08-10-11-18-00-1-1.png

Edited by Jim Demery
  • Like 4

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now


  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×