Postal

Kohler 321PT on my Raider 10?

Postal

I recently acquired a Kohler K321PT. I want to put it on my Raider 10 but it has a recoil starter. My question is can I put an electric start on this motor and will it bolt up to my Raider 10 to replace the Tecumseh hh100

Ed Kennell

:text-welcomeconfetti: to the :rs:Postal.      I'm afraid I don't have the answers you need, but hopefully someone will be here soon to help.

The 321PT    P =pump model and T=recoil start.    The crankshaft output size may be larger than the HH100 requiring a different drive pulley and PTO.

pfrederi

For electric start you may need a new flywheel to get a ring gear.  Also if you want a charging system .  If you want charging will also need a stator and regulator

• Like 1

KC9KAS

@Postal :text-welcomeconfetti: to :rs:

953 nut

:WRS:     Many pump engines have a tapered crank shaft on the output side. You will need to make a mounting plate or (presuming it is the big block) find an oil sump with mounting holes on the bottom like this one.5980f54004c2b_Jaysoilpan005.JPG.e30ed2b903800a6ad8b3ddee65a1511d.JPG

• Like 2

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

• Similar Content

• Rick3478
      By Rick3478
      For Sale NOS M12S Short Block, still in the original box.  I bought it pre-emptively when Kohler was phasing out the Magnums.  Thought I would have it on hand if one of mine needed it, or maybe I would find a tractor with a busted rod for cheap.  Neither of those things happened, the darn things just keep running.

Part number 77 522 35, probably built in late '05, it's the combination replacement kit Kohler made to fit WheelHorse or Gravely, machined to bolt directly into the Gravely transaxle, but also has spacers to mount WheelHorse PTO clutch/brake.  Also has a bunch of gaskets and seals packed with it, probably all you need to install it.

And it's heavy, so it's not practical for me to ship.  Buyer arrange to pick up near Elida OH, I can lift it about knee high to help load.

Asking $800 or might consider trade for a good center mount grader blade.

• mcfarmall
      By mcfarmall
      Tractor features Kohler 16hp cast iron engine, gently used 42" deck, concrete wheel weights, tire chains, new Chinesium carburetor, fuel lines and filter, new air filter, 2 new fwd/rev cams.  A starter,  some new gaskets, and miscellaneous parts.  New drive belt and all the belt idler assemblies.  Engine runs but smokes.  Great restoration candidate or a spare engine for you pullers out there.  Call, text or email for a private showing.   No offers considered unless made in person.  Buyer responsible for transportation.  Many more pictures to send to interested persons. 

• Jeff-C175
    • Jennifer
      By Jennifer
      Husband wants some advice… lol.  So we did an engine swap today on two suburbans because we could not get the one engine to spark all the time to get it running!  The engine ran last year before parking for the winter sleep…. Points were changed out for new the engine was cleaned to make good contact has new spark plug new coil condenser we even switched out the fly wheel today thinking maybe the magnet was weak…. Advice???   It would where are you out yanking on the recoil five or so times and maybe only get the points to fire twice if you’re lucky..  checked the gap and pull again… same thing over and over!  Thanks in advance!
    • johnnymag3
      By johnnymag3
      416-8  clean machine, one owner, M16 Kohler...............no smoke, knocks, etc. Only 771 Hours.

42" Rear Discharge deck   NO RUST    blades used 1 season

48" plow very nice condition, 

Wheel Horse weights, on tractor already

AG Tires on rear,used one season, front tires great condition. Rears are filled with beet juice, done at a Dealer professionally,  ....non toxic, non corrosive.  Traction Galore !!!

Machine is fully serviced, ready to work. NEEDS nothing....Look below for pictures

JOHN   845 797 5716 cell