Rollerman

Golf carts

Rollerman

Any golf cart fans or owners here at Redsquare?

We have an E-Z-GO TXT & a ClubCar DS Carryall.

We use them for tooling around the yard & trailer the E-Z-GO to community garage sales where they are golf cart friendly & a big flea market in Lima, OH every summer. (Maxx's Trader Days & Water Dog Races).

http://maxstraderdays.com/

We have a lot of fun with them.

I picked up the E-Z-GO as it sits & other than adding a stereo haven't changed it.

The Club Car was a former Notre Dame mail car & has the full cab (doors come off in the summer) , I put a 4" lift on with 23" tires, the front bumper & the LED lights.

It's my go too for weedeater, chainsaw, bird & deer corn hauler.

Any other golf carters here?....lets see them.

IMG_20170730_183305409.jpg

• Like 6

Jerry77

I have a 2004 Club Car with a utility bed....got it 6 years ago as a gift from my oldest son....don't know what I would do without it now..I sure couldn't take care of my property like I need to...When I was younger I  didn't need something like that, but now at my age, it is great to have...sorry - no pics of it.  has a roof and the aforementioned bed ( with a tailgate ) and a tool storage dash...I keep it loaded up with tools and get everything done....:)

• Like 1

slammer302

I have a Yamaha gas golf cart with lift kit at work. I use it for reading water meters. I can drive right up next to the meter pits check them and be on my way to the next one. A tank of gas last forever.  

• Like 2

slim67

I've built a few Club Cars DSs and one Yamaha G-2. Still would like to do a TXT if I can get one for a steal. This cart was my favorite. I used it like a quad or SxS.

IMG_0710.JPG

• Like 1

WHX??

Following on the premise I may get one someday for the women to tool around at shows on and around the ranch a little. Problem is taking them to shows chews up tractor space on the hauler!  Just starting to get the feel for the different types.

slim67
1 hour ago, WHX11 said:

Following on the premise I may get one someday for the women to tool around at shows on and around the ranch a little. Problem is taking them to shows chews up tractor space on the hauler!  Just starting to get the feel for the different types.

I've been out of carts for a few years. I started because my son wanted one for running around the trails with his friends. I grew from there. I got into it, joined forums,bought and sold ,etc. When my son died I sold what I had and said the hell with it. It reminded me of him too much. I've always liked and had tractors so that became my new thing. Anyways my advice is either a Club Car DS or an EZ-GO TXT models. Yamaha makes a great cart but they aren't the easiest to get OEM or aftermarket parts for. Plus they have a million different models. Club Car and EZ-GO have produce a million of just those two and parts are everywhere for them. Carts were big years ago but the UTV market has taken over. The price on carts now is thru the roof . Lastly unless you are bound to having to have an electric, don't. Gas is the only way to go. You can carry a can of gas a mile but extension cords don't come that long. 

• Like 3

cschannuth

We have a an '02 EZGO we picked up cheap because the engine was shot.  We swapped in a 20 hp Honda and added a cheap lift. It is a lot of fun. With the big Honda it will easily creep slowly through the woods. It's not a looker but pretty functional. 

image.jpeg.a39ca3c581656bce87d306b11310064e.jpeg

image.jpeg.27b65253aedec6357a0032976e4da217.jpegimage.jpeg.4fff7f9caba9b2fd77bbcd7a6abb864a.jpeg

Edited by cschannuth
  • Like 2

slim67
12 hours ago, cschannuth said:

We have a an '02 EZGO we picked up cheap because the engine was shot.  We swapped in a 20 hp Honda and added a cheap lift. It is a lot of fun. With the big Honda it will easily creep slowly through the woods. It's not a looker but pretty functional. 

image.jpeg.a39ca3c581656bce87d306b11310064e.jpeg

image.jpeg.27b65253aedec6357a0032976e4da217.jpegimage.jpeg.4fff7f9caba9b2fd77bbcd7a6abb864a.jpeg

It looks good to me. Function over form IMO. What clutch are you running on the Honda?

cschannuth

Thanks. The clutch is stock. 

Clarification, basically everything is still stock except for the engine. The downside  is that you have to turn off the engine with the key to shift gears. It does not start and stop with the gas pedal like a golf cart normally does. 

slim67
56 minutes ago, cschannuth said:

Thanks. The clutch is stock. 

Clarification, basically everything is still stock except for the engine. The downside  is that you have to turn off the engine with the key to shift gears. It does not start and stop with the gas pedal like a golf cart normally does. 

That the problem I had when I put a duromax 16 into a cart. The clutch RPMs wouldn't drop enough to be able to shift gears. I bought a cheap comet copy . I became frustrated with it because I took away the user friendly ability of the cart, I should have just built a modified FE350 out of a carryall instead.

• Like 1