Deadguy

2017 Symco show!

AMC RULES

:greetings-clapyellow:  Just...awesome!  :handgestures-thumbsup:

IMG_1405.JPG

• Like 7

Achto

Very happy to help out. Glad that you got every thing home OK. It looks like Henry is ready to claim the 701 as his own.

• Like 4

Deadguy
2 hours ago, Achto said:

Very happy to help out. Glad that you got every thing home OK. It looks like Henry is ready to claim the 701 as his own.

We couldn't have done it without your help!  As far as Henry goes, the odds of him getting the 701 just got better now that Sarah got her GT2500!

• Like 1

Retired Wrencher

Looks like Henry is natural on the tractors. Nice picks.

• Like 2

Deadguy
4 hours ago, Retierd Wrencher said:

Looks like Henry is natural on the tractors. Nice picks.

He loved all the tractors at the show, but his favorite seemed to be the track resurfacing tractor at the tractor pull.  He loved watching that tractor go round and round the track.

• Like 2

PeacemakerJack

Since I couldn't make it this year, I was out of town on Vacation with the family, were you able to do any plowing @Deadguy? I noticed the that you had a tractor and plow all set up with what looked like fresh dirt on the furrow wheels.  Were you able to plow? If so, how did it go?  I still haven't seen any GT plowing pics...

Deadguy
6 hours ago, PeacemakerJack said:

Since I couldn't make it this year, I was out of town on Vacation with the family, were you able to do any plowing @Deadguy? I noticed the that you had a tractor and plow all set up with what looked like fresh dirt on the furrow wheels.  Were you able to plow? If so, how did it go?  I still haven't seen any GT plowing pics...

I did do the GT plowing this time.  It worked well.  I was not able to get any pictures, as I was plowing and my wife had to tend to some baby issues at that time.

• Like 1

PeacemakerJack
1 hour ago, Deadguy said:

I did do the GT plowing this time.  It worked well. 

Awesome!  Approximately how many tractors would you say were out there with you plowing?  In years past--I'd guess that we had anywhere from 15 to 35 turning soil.  I'm glad you were able to get in on the action.  

Achto

Pulling took longer than expected this year so I did not even get out to watch any plowing.:(

PeacemakerJack

It's a bummer that you didn't make it out but congrats on the big win!  Hopefully next year I'll be there with a couple rigs and camera in hand...

Achto

Hopefully I'll have the Raider 12 ready to turn some dirt by that time. Thanks for the congrats! I got lucky, had a good hook & was able to keep it on good ground.  It was a lil nerve racking watching the tractors pull after me. My pull was 202ft, second place was 197ft and third was 194ft. A good close competition with 16 tractors in the 3500lb class.. 

Edited by Achto
  • Like 1

PeacemakerJack

:text-goodpost:now that that is what I call "close competition"!  Nerve wracking for sure but an even more satisfying feeling of accomplishment when you win.  It's also really fun for the spectators--sorry I missed it.

I can't wait to see your plow rig set up...

Deadguy
2 hours ago, PeacemakerJack said:

Awesome!  Approximately how many tractors would you say were out there with you plowing?  In years past--I'd guess that we had anywhere from 15 to 35 turning soil.  I'm glad you were able to get in on the action.  

When I plowed on Saturday, there were about a half dozen.