Duramax7man7

New Rescue this weekend!

JERSEYHAWG /  Glenn

very nice buy, best of luck.

Glenn

• Like 2

muz123

What a steal! Nice buy!! Hard to touch those for cheap. 

• Like 2

Mal(Pa)

Nice steal. Takes a good bu(ah talker)to get one that nice and at that price.Looks great        :greetings-clappingyellow:

• Like 2

Duramax7man7
2 hours ago, elcamino/wheelhorse said:

What caliber pistol were you using to get it for $250.00 ?:ph34r: 

I used five 20 cals and a 10 cal! ;)

Thanks guys! This was almost a good year in the making... real nice guy. He had an old toro grounds master as well for sale but with a 16hp single. Was hoping to find a kubota D600 under the hood of that for a later buy but no luck. 

• Like 3

RedPaul

Mastiffman

Where about in Livonia are you?  I live in Redford off of Inkster just north of the tracks by Smede and Son Steel works. I have a 416-8 (onan), 412-8 and a C101

Would like to meet you sometime. 

Paul

Duramax7man7

Hey Paul! Or shall I say Neighbor! ha ha

I'm off of 6 mile in between Inkster Rd and Middlebelt... 

I've gone to S&S a few times this past year since starting to weld! yes for sure. Send me a PM and we'll set something up. 

Dakota8338

I wish there were some bargains in turnovers down this way, like you fellow's seem to find.  Junk here sells for original price or more and anything that looks half way decent and sounds good requires a second mortgage.

• Like 2

Rollerman

Rescue or stole...:ychain:

Nice find & looks like it's really clean.

• Like 2

Duramax7man7

That's nuts Dakota... I frequently browse CL and see what's out for sale. I stick to a budget and sometimes these things pop up and I don't hesitate. I do this with everything that I'm looking for. I Always ask for lower as it doesn't hurt to ask. Garage sales and all. 

This guy just got sick of seeing it sit there after over a year and wanted it gone. he had it on the bay too. Luckily I got to it before someone else did... I have limited space and this one is staying so it looks like the 314h I have is going bye bye. 

Rollerman, yeah like i said, this was a year in the making. He originally listed it for $800-$900 and I talked him down to $450 if memory serves me correctly. I hoped on and did a search for "Wheel horse" and she popped up! I sent him a few emails and was going to pick up that night be he preferred Saturday morning. So it happened then. I feel blessed to have it. 

I fixed the ignition issue today. Pulled the ignition module from my 520h P220G that was sitting on the bench waiting for connecting rods and put it in the this one and ran her between idling and doing laps on my lot for well over an hour today and even used a 42" RD deck for a bit. Only issue at this point seems to be it throttling back from a loose throttle cable and a tad of surging after running it with the deck on. Probably just needs the carb cleaned, decarbon and valves are a bit loud. 

Will be posting a "how to" thread for replacing the module. I don't pull the engine for stuff like this. I just open the hood and start wrenching. Took about 2.5-3 hours pulling the one of the P220 and replacing the P216's module with it. 

Edited by Mastiffman
  • Like 1

Wishin4a416

Nice score!!!

• Like 1

Duramax7man7

Thanks... 

Okay, so here is the write up documenting the replacement of the Ignition module for those wanting to see the process and have been avoiding doing the job on one of their own. It's fairly easy task. Just a bit tedious. 

• Like 1

reds8710
On 7/30/2017 at 5:56 PM, Dakota8338 said:

I wish there were some bargains in turnovers down this way, like you fellow's seem to find.  Junk here sells for original price or more and anything that looks half way decent and sounds good requires a second mortgage.

Lol seems like the same thing here too!