drewd

Do I need a Lift Bar?

drewd

I have an old 800 that came with a 2-4300 36" RD mower.  This mower used only a Lift Rod that connects the Lift Lever to the Lift Frame.  I found a newer deck that looks in good shape (model 5-0721).  This deck diagram I downloaded shows it connecting to tractor = Lift Lever to Lift Rod to Lift Bar & Pin. The Lift Bar & Pin connects to the deck Leveler Bar.  My tractor does not have and never used a Lift Bar just a Lift Rod (that I still have). 

Can I hook this newer deck to my Tractor as is? Or do I need to find a Lift Bar & Pin to attach to the Lift Lever?  Or another solution?  Love the Tractor and I have it running great.  Would like to get it back to work on the lawn! 

Thanks for your help and suggestions!

Ed Kennell

I think the newer deck would work fine w/o the lift lever.  You will probably  have to drill a hole in the center deck carriage bar to connect your existing lift rod.

• Like 1

squonk
7 hours ago, Ed Kennell said:

I think the newer deck would work fine w/o the lift lever.  You will probably  have to drill a hole in the center deck carriage bar to connect your existing lift rod.

I did exactly that to put a modern deck on my 1276. :handgestures-thumbupright:

953 nut

:text-yeahthat:         Ed has you covered.

drewd

Thank you Guys!

ronhatch

I eliminated the lift arm assemble when I installed an older (1967?)  42" RD deck on my restored 1979 C-101. No problems. I just attached the lift chain to a bracket I made that mounted to the deck. I'm a believer in simplifying things. I couldn't see the need for the arm. Maybe it's needed for other attachments other then a deck? Plow? Snowblower?

Edited by ronhatch