Sign in to follow this  
boovuc

It's the Gas

Retired Wrencher

boovuc  Sounds good. What is the $$$ per gallon? I remember I used to put it in my Harley years ago what difference it made. Enjoy.

• Like 1

elcamino/wheelhorse

Back in the dark ages , I was in the Army Reserves. I was a mechanic working on Hueys and fixed  wing aircraft. One weekend a month the supply of AV gas was reduced by quite a few gallons as the entire unit including some officers filled empty 5 gallon gas cans with fuel. Man every body's cars and truck ran so much better.

• Like 1

KC9KAS

@boovuc, What did the good stuff cost per gallon?

boovuc

It was $4.68 a gallon 2 months ago at Piper Airport in Lock Haven, Pa. Steep but very good, stable for a long time fuel!

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
Sign in to follow this  

• Similar Content

• boovuc
      By boovuc
      The governor settings on my refinished Series II 417-8 just cannot be fined tuned. (It had the same issues when I got it so it isn't new from the refresh). I think the PM may have bent, (in or out), the governor rod at one time. The spring looks good and there is no play on the Governor shaft and it moves the same with the same pressure against it as my series I KT17.
      I have adjusted the throttle cable location, moved the spring and rod to different holes. What I have is an over-rev at wide-open but when I find the RPM I need at full throttle by adjusting the throttle cable, when I shut down and come back to it, even right away, I have a idle all the way to full throttle. Right now, I have it workable but only at three-quarter throttle. If I go past three-quarter open, it goes over 3600 RPM. Motor has about 1280 hours on a working hour gauge. Greater than 100 PSI in each cyl now that I have run it some. It was about 90 and 95 when I first checked it. I noticed that it does hesitate to come down from a higher RPM. Not instant like it should be.

A trick? Something I overlooked? It runs great! 
      Thanks in Advance!