carlosking450

Wheel Horse 702

carlosking450

Hello, I would like to know what model of gearbox is my Wheel Horse 702, is there a manual with the cutting?

• Like 1

KC9KAS

702....7 hp Kohler....not sure on the 0, but the 2 is 1962.

953 nut

5025 gear box.

• Like 1

carlosking450

Is there a manual with the parts list for this gearbox? Thanks

• Like 1

Lane Ranger

Carlos:   702 Manual is right here on Red Square:

I am in the process of rebuilding a 702  right now !

044.JPG

Edited by Lane Ranger
  • Like 3

carlosking450

OThanks Lane, ohhhhh very nice I also have my 702 completely dismantled, I'm going to repair the gearbox and start riding, you have to see how small these tractors are and how much work they have

As soon as I have time I will continue to put photos of my restoration in the section "restorations" a greeting from Spain.
By the way is there an economic distributor for the replacement of bearings and seals for the gearbox of the 702?
Thanks from Spain

• Like 1

stevasaurus

check out this link Carlos...you want PDF #2.  :)

Also, check out this thread.  :)

carlosking450

I saw it Stevasaurus thank you very much,I also saw a video of you explaining the repair step by step, thanks

I have one more doubt, my gearbox is a 5025, all are the same or being the same change can vary the diameter of the axles?

stevasaurus

No.  If I am understanding your question...if you have a case that has 1" axles, then you need to have 1" axles in it.  1 1/8" axles are not an option.  I believe the opposite is true also.

I'm sure some body will come up with a way to do it, but it would require more then it is worth.  Just get a different trans if you want the 1 1/8" axles.

I'm thinking if you want new bearings and seals for that #5025 transmission, send a PM to @wheelhorseman...he is a vendor here on Red Square.

• Like 1

Farmer boy

My 702 wheel horse transmission is unresponsive it doesn’t move when I put it in gear the gears are really loose any body have an idea why 

stevasaurus

@Farmer boy  Please start a New Thread in the "Transmission Section".  Please explain a little more about your issue.  Like, is it your shifter that is loose.  Add as much information as you can.  :thumbs: