slim67

black rat snake

slim67
6 hours ago, tunahead72 said:

Just lookin' for mice, he knows EXACTLY where to find 'em on these old Wheel Horses!

Thats right! How many times have we had to clean out mouse nests behind blower housings?

1 hour ago, 19richie66 said:

I'll take a black rat snake any day over one of these. Almost stepped on this one walking to my shed. Still gives me the eebie jeebies thinking about it. Everything looked like a snake for months.

IMG_5213.JPG

Im not sure if a rat snake will eat a rattler,cottonmouth or copperhead, but a kingsnake will. I think racers will to. Im in the woods alot with my dog and im glad there are no poisonous snakes in my region.

19richie66

I was working on my truck and had walked back to the shed several times for tools and parts. Went in to get a drink and come back out, walked around the truck to go to the shed again and it was laying right there at the front of my truck. Almost soiled myself. Caffeine has nothing on a rattlesnake for waking you up

• Like 2

oliver2-44

Nice rattler, nice and dead

• Like 3

wheelhorseman
10 hours ago, slim67 said:

Did he crawl on out of there? Theres something you dont see everyday!

He crawled in during the night and crawled out early afternoon.

• Like 1

6bg6ga
3 hours ago, slim67 said:

Thats right! How many times have we had to clean out mouse nests behind blower housings?

Im not sure if a rat snake will eat a rattler,cottonmouth or copperhead, but a kingsnake will. I think racers will to. Im in the woods alot with my dog and im glad there are no poisonous snakes in my region.

I hear they taste like chicken. Thank God we don't have rattlers, cottonmouths, or copperheads where I live. Come to think of it I haven't even seen a garter snake in 25-30 years.

oliver2-44

Gee, cotton mouths rattlers and copperheads. Sounds like the farm creek I grew up  on. The copperheads were the worst. 

• Like 1

slim67
2 hours ago, 6bg6ga said:

I hear they taste like chicken. Thank God we don't have rattlers, cottonmouths, or copperheads where I live. Come to think of it I haven't even seen a garter snake in 25-30 years.

Its funny you say that. I sat in my backyard earlier that day thinking why havent i seen any snakes in my yard? Then later on that day i stumbled on that one in the pic.