Electro12WH

Killer Kohler?

Electro12WH

Has anyone built your version of Kirk Engine's Killer Kohler engine? A hopped up Kohler engine that is still able to work around the yard or garden?

Electro12WH

I guess no one has heard of this.

WHX??

I'm sure some of us have

http://www.kirkengines.com/

especially the pullers in our midst. Personally I wouldn't use his techniques on a working tractor as there is usually enough stock power to do want we want without the time & expense his motors require. Not to mention the requirements of  a uncle, brother or good drinkin buddy who owns a well equipped machine shop!   If I was to build a competitive puller or lawn mower racer is a whole 'nother matter! Take the time to check out his builds tho, well worth the read.  :)

Here is another good site for those interested in hopped up Kohlers  https://mwsc.co/ Their website doesn't even begin to touch on what they have for producing Hi Perf. K series!

Edited by WHX11
add
  • Like 1

Electro12WH

I used some of his stuff on a K341 that needed a rebuild anyway. The only unnecessary machine work I had to pay for was having the head milled. The porting I did on my own. The K361 cam I traded for. But, I understand what you are saying. Even Kirk was using his as a test bed for the parts he is selling. 

• Like 1

tunahead72

Thanks for starting this thread and posting the links.  I'd heard about Kirk's but never took the time to check him out until now.  I'm glad I did, I really like the Bosch coil and the spark plug wire, just looking for an excuse to pick them up soon.

JC 1965

I have purchased several items from David Kirk. He sells good quality stuff and is easy to deal with.     :twocents-02cents:

Electro12WH

If you ever contact him, he is a nice guy, willing to be helpful.

WHX??

I think these are the cat's meow!

Installed.jpg

• Like 2

Electro12WH

. . . and it keeps that oily mess off your block.

pfrederi
15 minutes ago, Electro12WH said:

. . . and it keeps that oily mess off your block.

Your oily mess is my corrosion prevention program

• Like 5