DonNOhio

My 704 Update

DonNOhio

I had started this on the tractor forum. Then realized it should be on this one. (New Guy) :wacko:

The 704 is coming along nicely. Not near as many parts and smaller too, as the big tractors I have refurbished. I have most of the chassis painted and back to gather. Sheet metal is going to the sand blasters tomorrow. Today I have contacted the decal guy here. Those tires are the originals. I still have the engine to go through. Don't expect to find to much wrong there. It runs good and has good compression. Probably touch up the valves and seats and a good cleaning. Already found a old mud dauber nest in the shroud. 

100_0987.JPG

Sheet metal.jpg

• Like 9

WHX??
1 minute ago, DonNOhio said:

Not near as many parts and smaller too, as the big tractors

Usually not as expensive either :)

In case I have not already done so :WRS:

Progress looks nice ...keep us posted

• Like 3

DonNOhio

The tractors background is in the introductions. I have had it since 1970. Bought it used, so I am the second owner.

• Like 1

Achto

:WRS: I will definitely be following. The 704 is one of my favorite looking :wh:'s

• Like 1

WHX??

:text-yeahthat: 2nd owner is sometimes nice Don as you often get more insight on the history which can help. 

DonNOhio

Picked up my parts from the sand blaster early this morning. They went directly to the CBS Paint booth. Just brought them inside tonite. Sorry no pictures today. More cleaning up on the engine while parts were drying. Mowed the lawn and got a nap in too.:)

More tomorrow I hope. It is supposed to rain here tomorrow.

DonNOhio

More progress today. Engine cleaned, valve work, painted and set back on the frame. Reattached the serial plate with pop rivets. Hood did not turn out as well as it should have. I think I got sand on it yet. I blowed it off and tapped it, but still, going to have to start over on it.:(

Down the road I will be looking for a round cornered rear discharge deck. Mine is shot. Rusted out bad. Hard to put patches on patches. There are more shows this summer yet. The Portland Ind. (Tri State) show has lots of stuff but I quit going. It has gotten to big for me. 

100_0994.jpg

100_0995.jpg

100_0996.jpg

100_0998.jpg

• Like 4

DonNOhio

I was at the Northwest Ohio Antique Machinery show in Findlay Ohio today and found a real nice deck.:) Has a rattle can paint job and need to put my mounting/ drive hardware over onto it. Also the carb. kit came in to day. Two steps closer to being done. 

Good Deck.jpg

Old Deck.jpg

• Like 4

Jim Demery

Nice work so far on your 704. I have one also that's scheduled for a make-over come spring. 

20160725_182807.jpg

DonNOhio

Thanks Jim,

Looks like you have a head start compared to mine. Here is where I am at a few days ago.

100_1008.jpg

Edited by DonNOhio
Added pic. and text
  • Like 3

Molon_Labe

She came out really nice Don :text-bravo:

DonNOhio

Thanks Molon. I would have liked the wheels to have came out more of a cream color.

I see you are in Indiana. Where abouts? We are North Central Ohio 44849. Ever get up this way, stop in.

Edited by DonNOhio
Added text.

Jim Demery

Tractor turned out very nice Don. :text-bravo:

19richie66

Nice job Don! The others look like giants compared to this one.