mikeeyre74

Muffler for 1963 7hp on 753

mikeeyre74

I bought a project on CL a while back (a 753)  and I'm starting to get parts amassed for it... The tractor has an unbaffled straight stack on it now and its mighty hard to work on with that horrific volume when it's running. Also, I think I might be the only guy here who just doesn't like the look of the stack setup on a garden tractor tho. Anyone got any suggestions for a proper muffler for this thing? I actually enjoy the look of the pepper pot style, so if you have had any luck with a good version, I'm looking for links? Or, another style of setup that isn't a stack? I'm open to suggestion....

• Like 2

N3PUY

These mufflers can be found almost anyplace.

597630e456a5d_IMG_0431(800x600).jpg.f361eb206cb563cf728a182190d39bb0.jpg

I bought this one at the local mower shop for $8.

Edited by N3PUY
  • Like 2

dells68

Bought one like that for my 701 at the Big Show.  It's a genuine USA made part for $27.  You can find import version on fleabay pretty reasonable or Kohler ones for about $35. 

• Like 1

Mike'sHorseBarn

Believe it or not, I have noticed a difference in the sound level between the kohler muffler and cheap import version.

• Like 1

mikeeyre74
17 minutes ago, dells68 said:

Bought one like that for my 701 at the Big Show.  It's a genuine USA made part for $27.  You can find import version on fleabay pretty reasonable or Kohler ones for about $35. 

I like American made. Who's the manufacturer? 

dells68

I'd have to look at the box - I know it is branded Kohler on the box though.  Not sure if it is actually made by Kohler though.