Walhonding520

520h "surging?"

Walhonding520

Yes. If I get it right, I can stop the surging with the choke. But if I mow for an hour, it will run fine with out the choke.

Walhonding520

I sprayed some carb cleaner on the choke parts and it leveled out for a second like when I found the intake gasket leak with carb cleaner like suggested above. 

lynnmor
5 hours ago, WVHillbilly520H said:

96 and newer then my Anniversary is actually by serial number a 97 but it definitely has the accelerator pump

I had the Al Gore pump carb on my 97, it is now in a box and an older carb has the engine running fine.  Those pump carbs were very lean, cold-blooded and temperamental.

• Like 1

Walhonding520

Using carb cleaner I found the gasket between carb and intake. I read before that The Who carb has to come off. Can I buy that gasket independently or does it only come in a kit?

WVHillbilly520H
7 hours ago, Walhonding520 said:

Using carb cleaner I found the gasket between carb and intake. I read before that The Who carb has to come off. Can I buy that gasket independently or does it only come in a kit?

You can get the carb to intake (base) gasket separately but I still suggest you get a "kit" just for peace of mind, Jeff.