Big_Red_Fred

The 1054 is home

tunahead72
46 minutes ago, ACman said:

Hey Fred here's something you may or may not know . If you want to mention someone's name in a post and you want them to see the post use the " @ " in front of the users name . The name will turn blue an a notification will be sent to the person you've mentioned . Like this @Big_Red_Fred . Did you receive a notification ? You should have gotten three , one for a "like" another for someone " commented " and the third should be "mentioned you"  on your post . Just a useful tool to use .

Thanks for mentioning this Jeff, or should I say @ACman?  I was trying to remember how to do this the other day, and I couldn't, but I was too lazy to look it up.  Thanks!

--------

Hmmm...  Your screen name didn't show up as highlighted in blue when I posted this, did I do it right?

• Like 2

ACman

I don't know the model but it looks to be a survivor :woohoo: ! Thems the best if you ask me :) .

@tunahead72 sometimes it does not work for me either . If I don't see names popping up as I'm typing I backspace back , and start over . 

Edited by ACman
  • Like 1

tunahead72

Like this? @ACman

Looks like I got it right this time, just had to choose your name from the list that showed up as I was typing.

Carry on. :)

• Like 4

953 nut
1 hour ago, Big_Red_Fred said:

now another unknown has appeared, another 16 horse

If you buy many more you could have your own "Big Show" at your house.      :ychain:

1 hour ago, Big_Red_Fred said:

What is this Red boogie wagon called with its 16hp

Could be a 1973 16 HP No-Name,   Model 1-0440,   hard to say what is original and what has been changed by a previous owner.

• Like 2

Big_Red_Fred

10-4 on the big show, i was dodging rain drops working on C125 like a Mad Scientist , under a old canvas i scrounged up at work  

Id invite everyone for a Parade, Ice Tea & fireworks

• Like 2

Big_Red_Fred

@ACman  He never returned my text on serial # , he had a hard time speaking English LOL, but im still trying for it

• Like 1

ericj

@Big_Red_Fred, that's not a "73" 16 AUTO, the dash tower was thinner on those up till 77 i believe. so that would make it either a C161 or a SK486, what ever it is it looks good. Keep it dragging them home and before long you will have more then me, in a lot less time I may add.good luck.

eric j

• Like 4

Big_Red_Fred

Where's the 8 track go on the 1054 ?

953 nut
31 minutes ago, Big_Red_Fred said:

Where's the 8 track go on the 1054 ?

That would have to be an aftermarket add on, they didn't come on the market until '68.     :ychain:

WHEN eight-track tapes hit the shelves in the latter part of the Sixties, it was seen as a godsend.  All of a sudden, you could listen to your music collection in your car, or out-and-about with the new boom-boxes.  There were even rumors it would completely replace the vinyl record.  Yet, just over a decade later, the humble cassette tape was able to drive it to extinction.  Its heyday lasted from 1968-1975, and by 1980 the poor eight-track was in history’s dustbin, a sort-of laughable derelict from the Seventies.

• Like 5

Big_Red_Fred

I wondered why the Soldiers in 1982 at Fort Hood were laughing at my 8 track in my old 68 C10, no it wasnt a black hood lol

Guess i'm gonna have to post a pic of Sgt Red Fred getn a hair cut in 79 in Korea

Tell Ed i have grease on my Lens again ;-) 0725172041.jpg.79bf21fc05c43845b345b5416d144756.jpg

Edited by Big_Red_Fred
  • Like 3

Big_Red_Fred

Phone shot hahaha

Edited by Big_Red_Fred

Howie

People who saved them are laughing now because restorers pay big money for them! I've seen them in the GTO world and i will

not be buying one.

Big_Red_Fred

My Brothers 68 ss camaro had a 8 track factory, then he went to nam, so Dad ran it 

Whats the large box behind the seat for ? Ice tea cooler ? Portable potty ? Yingling holder LOL, that will get 953 moving