Big_Red_Fred

The 1054 is home

BOB ELLISON

The serial number is right below the steering wheel  in front of shifter. By the way nice 1054. I wish mine was that nice. It's still in pieces waiting for me to get it going.

Edited by BOB ELLISON
  • Like 5

Borncountry10

Very nice tractor!  Looks very complete!   Serial number like bob said is on your shift pattern decal in front of shifter.

• Like 3

953 nut

:text-coolphotos:                looks like it is complete with the exception of the cover near the brake peddle, one will turn up.

Serial number is right here.

5973de408a053_1fred.jpg.c9f97829aa69bd8ab9a30a17da6e071d.jpg

• Like 3

Big_Red_Fred

I have the cover for side, he said it was rubbing some thing ? I'm working on C125 first Sunday after i do a starter on a cummings & a/c compressor on a Cat, 1054 wont run unless its fully choked, figuring carb, mabye pump, it will be fully tuned soon, My Son's butt was glued to seat, i could see the Wheel Horse spark in his eyes, Hey Dad, wheres that C165 ? Mine Mine Mine All mine i said:huh:, he laughed, I need all the Knowledge i can get from you all, sorry if i pester you, but that 1054 i want it right & shined up like new.

• Like 2

jay bee
1 hour ago, Big_Red_Fred said:

1054 wont run unless its fully choked, figuring carb,

More than likely dirty carb or bad float.

sorry if i pester you,

I'm sure no one feels pestered.  Questions are what this place is all about!!!  And answers always seem to come to the surface from some very experienced members.  Myself not included in that elite group.  

• Like 2

BOB ELLISON

@Big_Red_Fred post your serial number one of the moderator's keeps track of them for a record.

• Like 3

Big_Red_Fred

I will post today, stored it at my sons stable, text him to get the number for me, thanks

Tuneup

MY! you are the definition of a collector. I hear there's one at the bottom level of a coal mine in WVA. Go get it! :rolleyes: With your luck, it'll be an intact Suburban. Seriously, those hoods are my favorite and remarkable that you found one in such good shape.

Speaking of dangerous pickups, we went to pick-up an old cycle a county away from me - my boy and I ride 70s Japanese fours. You had to pass the poles with the flashing yellow light that said "No police or government authorities past this marker" so I knew they were armed. They respected my 1911 (but mine's a Rock). Liked my teen's Sig even better. Just good 'ole boys that preferred cash and I had it in hand. Makes one feel at home.

That carb is a Walbro - they were gummy when I worked on them as teen (had a 6 HP Tecky on my minibike). I can just imagine what they'd look like today!

Well, off to church to hold up a few snakes, chant and thank the good Lord.

• Like 1

953 nut
9 hours ago, Big_Red_Fred said:

1054 wont run unless its fully choked, figuring carb, mabye pump,

Old fuel, point need to be cleaned, carb. gunked up; the list goes on.

9 hours ago, Big_Red_Fred said:

1054 i want it right & shined up like new.

The paint looks like it will probably come back to life with a little rubbing/polishing compound. For the old tires, get some rubber lubricant and apply a heavy coating to them, then bag them up in plastic for a few days and the will look a lot better...... Wonder if this stiff would get rid of wrinkles for us old codgers?     :ychain:

• Like 1

Big_Red_Fred

Ahh Richard, you dont look a day over 25, now me on other foot, i look like your PAP

Im dealing with that lady today, home from work, she asked me to make a Offer, Bob Maynard said bid 500, but prepare to pay more, should i give her the poor old man look LOL, thats the SK tractor

Chris G

Nice 1054! 

• Like 1

Big_Red_Fred

I tried to get the tire sizes on 1054, worn off, can someone tell me correct size's please, i hate seeing her lean like that, looks like a Northern Lot Lizard having a bad day, I did'nt say that

TravelinJavelin

good buy right there

• Like 1

953 nut
3 hours ago, Big_Red_Fred said:

can someone tell me correct size's ple

Front tires were 4.00/4.80-8 and the rears are 6.40-15.

• Like 3

Big_Red_Fred

Thanks 953, brought the C125 home, took a Nap, now im heading down the hill LOL with a pale of sea foam:D

BOB ELLISON
7 minutes ago, 953 nut said:

Front tires were 4.00/4.80-8 and the rears are 6.40-15.

The fronts can be had at tractor supply but the brand is hi-run for $20.00.

The rears are hard to find unless you go with ags. 

• Like 1

JERSEYHAWG /  Glenn

Best of luck with it, a sweet model.

Glenn

Big_Red_Fred

Well, just to let you all know, theres a SK486 on its way, just off the phone with a Father's Son, Dad's 84, no time for Horsing Around any more, was a 1000.00, down to 650.00, i will get Pics up when i have on my trailer, Their coming out of the wood work 953 LOL

• Like 1

953 nut

theres a SK486 on its way

I'm getting dizzy trying to keep track of your purchases!

Related image

• Like 2

ACman

Very nice tractor Fred...good score :handgestures-thumbupright:

The addiction has just begun. I'm not even at the 2yr mark and there's 18 in the stable as of now :) . Did I say that out loud :ph34r: 

Edited by ACman
  • Like 2

Big_Red_Fred

LOL, ACman, were on the same page:bow-blue:  , 953, told ya, i get over run, South bound & down, Here comes Big Red Fred, How bout that South Bound Wheel Horse on the CB of course

I have the 1054 serial # on my phone finally, i will down load it & post here shortly

Get a hold of a Moderator, heres the Number;   42805 serial number for 1054

• Like 1

ACman

Hey Fred here's something you may or may not know . If you want to mention someone's name in a post and you want them to see the post use the " @ " in front of the users name . The name will turn blue an a notification will be sent to the person you've mentioned . Like this @Big_Red_Fred . Did you receive a notification ? You should have gotten three , one for a "like" another for someone " commented " and the third should be "mentioned you"  on your post . Just a useful tool to use .

Edited by ACman
  • Like 5

Big_Red_Fred

Thanks Buddy, need to keep learning this computer, beside the SK486, now another unknown has appeared, another 16 horse he said, no numbers, hes getting the serial number LOL, gonna have to sell the Dodge NOT .   @ACman

Did it work LOL @ACman

• Like 2

Big_Red_Fred

What is this Red boogie wagon called with its 16hp pipes & smooth body, Dam im getting worked up HahahaIMG_02881.jpg.442575bfa0aa737690b6b5bb3b7af9dd.jpg

• Like 3