Bertie

Carb rebuild kit?

Bertie

Running roughly so stripped the carb off the K321 today. Lots of crud cleaned out etc but used the old seals etc and have a slight leak, seem to be a few rebuild kits about so any recommendations 're a good quality kit guys....20170722_154055.jpg.abe6440b9f3c16dba299651d3c6d4c2f.jpg

• Like 1

rmaynard

Rebuild kits generally only include bowl gasket, splash shield, and float valve. They are all pretty much all the same. To do a complete rebuild, you must remove and clean the main and idle jet screws, and clean all the ports, orifices and body of the carb. Soak it over night in lacquer thinner. The main jet needle valve has multiple tiny holes in it. It is hollow, so be sure all those holes are clean, and air can pass through the tube and out all the holes. Also, check to be sure that you don't have a lot of play in the throttle shaft. Too much play can allow air to be sucked in, causing an erratic lean condition.

Good luck.

• Like 6

Bertie

Thanks for the advice I did strip everything but didn't soak it. I'll order a kit and do it over...🖒

Edited by Bertie

harryt

Mike Hitchens is good from Guy parts and service, he is in the U.K. He can supply many kohler parts for your engine

Harry

• Like 2

Bertie
24 minutes ago, harryt said:

Mike Hitchens is good from Guy parts and service, he is in the U.K. He can supply many kohler parts for your engine

Harry

Thanks, do you know his company name ...

harryt

@Bertie look up " guy parts and service"

• Like 1

bds1984

If you don't feel like rebuilding, or the kit costs too much, I run the $25 carb specials you often see online. Four machines of mine have been running them for the last three years without any issues and have pretty much been bolt on and go.

• Like 1

jay bee
3 hours ago, bds1984 said:

I run the $25 carb specials you often see online.

@bds1984 I don't want to hijack this thread, but could you elaborate on those online specials please?

Jim

bds1984

Search on ebay for K321, K301, or K341 carb and you'll see them pop up. I've paid between $23 and $40 for them. You may have to use your original choke shaft since some of them are 180 degrees off. There have been a few threads on here that discusses them. I don't advocate buying MADE IN CHINA items, but the cost and ease of install have saved me time and money when an OEM carb is pushing $200.

• Like 1

Anglo Traction

Hi, Like I said in your other post wanting C121 Pics, If you need any help drop me a PM. 

If you have no luck finding Mike Hitchins, or can't obtain what you need. I make parts for my own (Kohler) Carburetors like Throttle Shafts, Plates, Screws and Shaft Bushes.

I also have a spare genuine Kohler Repair Kit and Carb Gaskets, which, I see from your pic that you will probably need due to someone using Hylomar blue jointing on it.

If possible, can you post the number on the Flange of your Carb, as located in this image ?-

597473debecab_Kohlernbr.jpg.89f496835da2a1700e5bde7da27147cb.jpg

If you go down the China Cheap replacement route, I will buy your old one off you.

Regards

Edited by Anglo Traction
  • Like 4