Electro12WH

Converting an Attach-a-Matic deck

Electro12WH

I have a 42" RD mower deck that I would like to convert to use on a '68 Charger 12. Has anyone done this? Other than drilling holes for the older brackets, are there any unforeseen problems?

82Caddy

Probably easier to convert your raider to an attach-a-matic. Gives you more options for decks/blowers.   

• Like 2

mmmmmdonuts
23 minutes ago, 82Caddy said:

Probably easier to convert your raider to an attach-a-matic. Gives you more options for decks/blowers.   

I agree. I converted my 68 Raider 12 to the attach-a-matic system. I don't know if Daveomann still has parts or not but I bought them from him and it was really easy to do. I don't remember if I did a thread but I could dig up what I did if you want to go that way.

squonk

I converted my 1267 to tach a matic.

upgrades_005.thumb.JPG.1fddbf2b14a84894f50cf42174bcf362.jpg.cc7841005efaa251fd5e0e162a9c4a69.jpg

55a592d805020_skonk_hood__tail_002.thumb.JPG.23f01e53a9f0e7ed70436c1d06123b6c.jpg.ed8d4f1ce2e89cb5f93066d71396e60d.jpg

• Like 1

daveoman1966

I agree.... better to add the Tach-o-Matic hardware to the tractor...easy to do.  I can set you up with everything needed to do this, along with line-by-line description of what to do.  Less than an hour...

send an email to me...I am:  

daveoman@windstream.net

• Like 1

Sarge

Dave has the conversion parts and this upgrade will allow a whole range of implements to be used a lot easier than the old system - my original 1277 had the factory built bracket update kit on it when I first got into WH so I was a bit spoiled . Have converted tons of them since around here , generally use the later model C series bracket that utilizes a longer axle center pin and bolts to the front of the frame - those are the easiest to do on the older models . Works great and allows the range of newer decks with better hangers as well as other implements that use the front bracket system .

Sarge

• Like 1

Electro12WH

Thanks! This gives me something to think about.

Electro12WH

And update on this thread . . .    after contacting him, DAVEOMAN1966 sent me all the info and photos I need to convert my 1968 Charger to Attach-A-Matic mounting. Thanks to Dave for going out of his way.:handgestures-thumbupright:

• Like 3