WHX??

Simpicity 725

WHX??

On  my way back from a WH sickle bar score I noticed this guy sitting at the side of the road. Kind of a neat little tractor and if seller was around woulda asked what he was askin just for grins.  Probably too much as it looked like it was there awhile...... tires were rotted off! Did look to be savable tho.

20170719_164628[1].jpg

20170719_164620[1].jpg

20170719_164540[1].jpg

• Like 5

N3PUY

I have one of those! :)   Mine has a mower deck.  I gave my boy a good Ranch King for it.  

He paid $100 for the Simplicity and I had about the same in the Ranch King which was better suited for his large yard. 

Maybe that one has been sitting there not because of the price but because noone wants something that looks that rough and will require some work.  

It's a very sought after model in the Simplicity / Allis Chalmers world.

I think you should talk to the owner or you'll never know!

And the manuals can be found at the Simplicity website.

5970c2c6832c9_IMG_1183(800x600).jpg.4e96ac453b88af814c754f0ed2318e93.jpg

5970c2d0f40e1_IMG_1184(800x600).jpg.d9d3a0e361c3f5369a13618390a73d1e.jpg

5970c2dc620ae_IMG_1185(800x600).jpg.de9b3bc5a1446571118f57221ef0fad7.jpg

Edited by N3PUY
pictures
  • Like 3

WHX??

I wanted a phone number but there was none, just a home made for sale sign! Cars in the yard

43 minutes ago, N3PUY said:

It's a very sought after model in the Simplicity / Allis Chalmers world.

Seller might know that and have it priced outta sight??

Achto

Good eye Jim, that's a neat lil tractor. You'll have to try to stop & talk to the owner another time.

• Like 1

WHX??

Agreed Dan, he was on 16 towards Portage just outside of Columbus. I came home the back way from my wrangling:ph34r:

• Like 1

elcamino/wheelhorse

@WHX11 Were you avoiding the authorities by taking back roads? @N3PUY  Did Simplicity have the solid front axle and the rear was on a pivot ?

N3PUY
37 minutes ago, elcamino/wheelhorse said:

@N3PUY  Did Simplicity have the solid front axle and the rear was on a pivot ?

The front axle pivots like most other tractors.   But the rear drive is kinda complicated!

WHX??

I shoulda been taking back roads when you guys find out what I paid for the sickel  :ph34r: 

The driveline did look kinda wild but I was impressed how the tiller was mounted.... almost like some kind of morphodite 3 point. 

PeacemakerJack

Too bad you couldn't have gotten the info on that one Jim...! Cool looking and sounds rare as well.  Neat addition to a collection or could be a good tractor to put into the hands of the right collector and make some cash in the process. :D

Thanks for sharing it with us!!!

Ken B

Pretty nice machine, looks like it would clean up real nice.  My guess is it lost spark and it sat in the same spot till the tires rotted off. Pretty common for them old Briggs to develop spark issues. Very cool that it seems to have a complete tiller setup on it... It looks as though someone put a Cub Cadet 123 seat on it.

Edited by Ken B
  • Like 2

WHX??
2 hours ago, Ken B said:

old Briggs to develop spark issues

Agreed Ken, usually pretty east to fix once you get at the points which can be a pain as they are buried under the flywheel. The end of the condenser is actually one of the points contact. You only got one crack at getting the gap right cause you have to button the whole thing back up to run test.