Sign in to follow this  
b-80boz

c-175 flywheel

b-80boz

hey I`m needing some help .I have a c-175 that I`m restoring I got a used stator on e-pay and was wondering is there a certiain way I need to take off the flywheel .Do I need a puller or is there a trick to taking them off. I would greatly appreciate any help I don`t want to break the flywheel. :thumbs:

BairleaFarm

:thumbs: I tired to get mine off by lightly tapping it with a hammer(hoping for good luck) i ended up using a puller and it worked well. Id go that route if it doesn't just pop off.

Teddy da Bear

:thumbs: I seem to remember loosening the nut...leaving it in place so

I don't peen the threads and hitting the nut with a lead hammer.

Maybe I got lucky, but it came loose.

b-80boz

thanks for the info its supposed to be nice here in the kc area this weekend hopefully I can get some things done this weekend. :thumbs: :banana: :banana: :banana:

b-80boz

update I ended up having to rent a puller it took a little while it was on there pretty good . I thought I was about to snap the flywheel when all of a sudden it went bang and flew off . anyway I cleaned it all up repainted the flywheel and that side of the motor and replaced the stator. only one question left. the plug hooks up to the regulator but this one has a black wire that comes out of the plug does it run back to the coil or somewhere else. my other one did not have this and I`m assuming thats why it wasnt charging can someone help out with this please? :thumbs: and thanks for welcoming me to redsquare