TDF5G

PTO Saga.

bowtieguy

Hey buddy...call me if you need these parts (without egg shaped holes)...hehe

jay bee

:woohoo:  You had a lot going on there but you got to the bottom of it!!!  Don't you just love the feeling of finally solving the problem?  It doesn't get any better than that.

Jim

• Like 1

TDF5G
On 7/17/2017 at 4:29 PM, bowtieguy said:

Hey buddy...call me if you need these parts (without egg shaped holes)...hehe

Thanks for the offer.  I've already replaced those parts. 

On 7/17/2017 at 5:52 PM, jay bee said:

:woohoo:  You had a lot going on there but you got to the bottom of it!!!  Don't you just love the feeling of finally solving the problem?  It doesn't get any better than that.

Jim

Yes it is.  I just never would have thought about that pulley causing all this problem, but I think that's what it was.  The broken roll pin may have been playing a small part also.  It hadn't been broken long or I would have certainly noticed it.  It probably broke from all the pressure I had put on the clutch from over adjusting it. :o

Edited by TDF5G
  • Like 1

Goldnboy

How much gap is between the friction disk and bell housing? On mine the prior owner shortened the shaft and had the muffler in the way so new rod (used but not welded) would not move. Thus I put a 45 on the muffler to get it out of the way but even having the pto rod truninion  threaded in all the way like yours I think my gap between the disk and bell housing is at least 1/2 inch, the brake lining looks fine, however I haven't removed the bell housing yet (I am in tractor mode with nothing attached to it right now). The owner's manuals have not been very helpful either.

wallfish
35 minutes ago, Goldnboy said:

How much gap is between the friction disk and bell housing?

That gap should be like 1/16 -1/8"  It only needs to stop touching the disc to stop turning. There should be a small bell housing brake pad on a little piece of steel.

Your best bet is to start a new thread explaining the problem and anything you might have done to remedy the issue. Post some pictures of it too for best internet diagnosis. We'll get you fixed up.

• Like 3