Walhonding520

Loading Tires

Walhonding520

Once I figure out my ignition issue, I want to use my 520h for more then just mowing.  I have a second set of rims with Polaris take off tires that will just fit if I raise the fenders. I want to buy a blade, drag a plugger, and a cart with firewood. One tire will need a tube. Does anyone recommend (or not recommend) loading these tires. I live in farm country and the tire shop down the road loads tires.  About how much weight could I get from loading? Thanks

pfrederi

If you do it do not use calcium chloride it will eventually leak and destroy your rims.  i have rim guard in my d200 26-12x12,  about 80 lbs.  Also do not over fill beet juice or what ever you use is not the best thing for your tire pressure gauge.

http://www.rimguard.biz/wp-content/uploads/2014/04/Hydro-Flation-tables-2014-PDF.pdf

rim guard.JPG

Edited by pfrederi
  • Like 4

mmmmmdonuts

I love my loaded tires and keep them on my tractor year round even for mowing. I used windshield washing fluid that I buy 6 gallons for $8 at BJ's wholesale club. Basically to do it take the valve stem out and I use a valve stem to hose fitting from tractor supply. Fill the tire with the valve stem at the 12 o'clock position. I get about 5 gallons with my 23x8.5-12 tires.

The only thing I will caution you on with the loaded tires is your front end becomes fairly light so you may need to hang some weight off the front or use wheel weights especially on a heavier trailer.

• Like 2

953 nut

I loaded the tires on my GT-14, only a few dollars per tire compared to a couple hundred for wheel weights.

• Like 2

BOB ELLISON

I used 5 gal's of RV antifreeze in my 23-8.50×12 on my c160. Works great in snow with  chains. I did use tube's .

It does take some time to fill but I like them.

• Like 1

Walhonding520

How would I fill the tubes? Something like a tube from a slime can?

BOB ELLISON

Google filling garden tractor with fulid 

You can but a adapter to fill the tires at almost anywhere for about $8.00.

There's a lot of posts for this , and videos also.

• Like 2

WHX??

Lots of good threads on loading them here as well. @squonk has one.

• Like 1

ebinmaine

Big +1 for the Rimguard !

Here in my area it's actually less expensive to have the dealer fill with it than diy fill other fluids.

I believe it to be the heaviest of the fluid fills available as well.

mmmmmdonuts

Just some images of the tools used. rps20170717_201154.jpg.4eacecc84ba92f8ea8dd075ff87adec4.jpg

Valve removal tool.

rps20170717_202429.jpg.795b12846172b8db866ed91e34e0f51b.jpg

Adapter to pump fluid in. Garden hose fitting on one side, valve fitting on other. The small push button on the side is used to purge the air while filling.

Edited by mmmmmdonuts
  • Like 2