Scotty123

D200 fuel problem

Scotty123

Hello again 

so now that I got my d200 wiring temperately figured out I moved on to the fuel system. The tractor has been sitting for about 3-4 years with gas in it so you can imagine the condition of the gas/water was in. I took the gas tank off and gave it a thorough cleaning the stuff coming out of it was more muddy water than it was gas. So after cleaning that out the best that I could I replaced the fuel lines and fuel   filter going up to the          Carburator but there was still no gas going to the carburator. So I sepected the fuel

pump to be the issue so I replaced the fuel pump and still nothing. At that point I thought that I would take the bowl off the carb to see what condition the carb was in and that turned into taking the carb off and giving it a deep clean witch I should have done in the beginning. But I still don't have any fuel going to the carburator so I don't know if I'm missing something simple like a ajustment screw on the            carburator or something so if one of you guys can think of something to try let me know. Thanks  

benji756

are you getting fuel to the fuel pump?

N3PUY

shut off valve on?   plugged?

Scotty123

Getting fuel to the pump and the shutoff isn't closed only have to make that mistake once 😂 and it isn't clogged because I started to drain the old fuel from there. I poured alittle gas directly down the carb and it ran for about 5-10 seconds thinking that it might kick in the fuel pump but it didn't but on the other hand it ran good 😂

953 nut
2 hours ago, Scotty123 said:

replaced the fuel pump and still nothing.

:WRS:         If you have fuel flowing to the pump and the pump is not pumping it out I would suggest you check to be sure you have the "IN" and "OUT" lines hooked up properly.

• Like 1

pacer

Just go ahead and get an electric fuel pump and never look back. you'll thank yourself many times!

I got 4 of the D series and they all got electric pumps quickly....

• Like 1