valleyboy

Kohler K301

valleyboy

I have a kohler K301 on my c120 . I need a piston and ring set for it. When trying to order it on line they can't identify the engine with the spec numbers on the factory sticker. I know the tractor is a 1975. The speck # on the shroud is 4752237 and the serial # is 1525265651. Not shure how to proceed with this and order the correct parts Thanks Bob

Achto

Looks like one difference is the length of the oil dipper on the rod. Long dippers fit models before serial #1729900013. You can try a kit at this site http://www.psep.biz/store/kohler_rebuild_kits.htm

rmaynard

According to the Wheel Horse Master Products List found in our files section, all 1974, 75, 76, and 77 C-120's used a K301S-47421D engine, with the lone exception of the 1977 C-120 Auto 71-12KS02 which had the spec number 47624D. So if your engine is original to the tractor, the spec number should be 47421D. The only other thing you would need to know is if the piston is STD or oversized.  I should mention for the sake of accuracy that their were some C-120's with Tecumseh engines as well.

Edited by rmaynard
  • Like 1

gwest_ca

Kohler made serial 1525265651 in 1985.

Garry

R. L. Addison

Sounds to me like it may have been at least short blocked, or more.  Seems to me I remember that type #'s on replacements.

Edited by R. L. Addison
correct spelling

Achto
7 hours ago, valleyboy said:

Not shure how to proceed with this and order the correct parts Thanks Bob

Here is some very important information. Do not order any parts before you disassemble the engine and have your bore and crank measured. You would hate to order a stock piston and end up needing a .010 over sized piston in order to clean the cylinder up. Same with the crank.

Edited by Achto
  • Like 2