Deadguy

656 or Lawn Ranger?

PeacemakerJack
53 minutes ago, Deadguy said:

But now I have an even bigger dilemma...what to bring to Symco!

That is the big challenge always for me. My trailer only allows me to haul two GT's and a handful of accessories at one time. Usually I bring plow tractors for me and my son...Someday I want get an 8.5x24 enclosed car hauler--with my calcs, I could haul six at once plus accessories. How many can you haul with your current setup???

Blondeflutterby

As Deadguy's wife, I'd just like to say how much fun I had wrangling with him this weekend. It's so awesome to have a hobby (borderline addiction) that we can do together. I have learned so much, including how expensive it is when both of you love horses. The memories made and the thrill of the hunt with him are things I'll treasure forever. See you at Symco!

• Like 4

Achto

Welcome to our addiction @Blondeflutterby :) Good to hear that you three are in this together & that you had some good family time.

Like I said before to @Deadguy. If you guys need some more trailer space to make choosing which :wh:'s to bring to Symco easier, let me know. I would be willing to haul some for you. I can get 4 on my trailer, or if you really can't decide I can bring the 32' trailer.;)

• Like 1

PeacemakerJack
35 minutes ago, Blondeflutterby said:

It's so awesome to have a hobby (borderline addiction) that we can do together. I have learned so much, including how expensive it is when both of you love horses. 

:text-goodpost:  I think it is really cool that you share this hobby with your husband and family!  I can definitely see the expense of it if you both want to grow the collection.  I'm glad you are a member here, good to have your perspective to the hobby--please share your thoughts! 

AND...

Continue to document your experiences with these tractors---it is really neat to look back at years down the road!  Here is a pic of me on my dads 875 about 38 years ago---

IMG_2610.JPG.d22de89b619db374b66e61edd2b151fb.JPG

(Mom in the radio flyer!)

me on the same tractor tractor two weeks ago...

IMG_4683.JPG.e2530d264481b4b2e16d00bc0dfd0c80.JPG

It is really nostalgic for me to just start that tractor--every sound takes me back over a lifetime of experiences on it.  The family is most important but these little tractors can be neat threads that tie memorable times with said loved ones together!  

• Like 2

Blondeflutterby
32 minutes ago, Achto said:

Welcome to our addiction @Blondeflutterby :) Good to hear that you three are in this together & that you had some good family time.

Like I said before to @Deadguy. If you guys need some more trailer space to make choosing which :wh:'s to bring to Symco easier, let me know. I would be willing to haul some for you. I can get 4 on my trailer, or if you really can't decide I can bring the 32' trailer.;)

I really want to bring my pink Raider 10, so I might take you up on the offer. I'll talk it over with Deadguy. 

21 minutes ago, PeacemakerJack said:

:text-goodpost:  I think it is really cool that you share this hobby with your husband and family!  I can definitely see the expense of it if you both want to grow the collection.  I'm glad you are a member here, good to have your perspective to the hobby--please share your thoughts! 

AND...

Continue to document your experiences with these tractors---it is really neat to look back at years down the road!  Here is a pic of me on my dads 875 about 38 years ago---

IMG_2610.JPG.d22de89b619db374b66e61edd2b151fb.JPG

(Mom in the radio flyer!)

me on the same tractor tractor two weeks ago...

IMG_4683.JPG.e2530d264481b4b2e16d00bc0dfd0c80.JPG

It is really nostalgic for me to just start that tractor--every sound takes me back over a lifetime of experiences on it.  The family is most important but these little tractors can be neat threads that tie memorable times with said loved ones together!  

Those are wonderful pictures and memories. Thank you for sharing. We hope our son will treasure them as he grows too. This is how we announced the pregnancy last year. 

IMG_4854.JPG

• Like 3

Deadguy
2 hours ago, PeacemakerJack said:

That is the big challenge always for me. My trailer only allows me to haul two GT's and a handful of accessories at one time. Usually I bring plow tractors for me and my son...Someday I want get an 8.5x24 enclosed car hauler--with my calcs, I could haul six at once plus accessories. How many can you haul with your current setup???

Right now, we can haul one tiny frame tractor like a Ranger or Suburban series, and one short or medium frame tractor.

Deadguy

The 701 is now running!  I ended up having to change out the coil and condenser. While I was at it I cleaned and set the points, and changed the transmission oil too.  It was gross, of course.  But now it starts right up and purrs like a kitten. Or a horse that thinks it is a kitten....

• Like 3

Deadguy

The Lawn Ranger I picked up now lives!  It only needed an exhaust, carburetor, air cleaner, belts, a Lawn Ranger seat.....

IMG_1370.JPG

IMG_1371.JPG

IMG_1372.JPG

• Like 3

WHX??

What's not to love ther! Those decals on the hood are worth the score! 

Deadguy
22 minutes ago, WHX11 said:

What's not to love ther! Those decals on the hood are worth the score! 

Whats not to love?  How about the fact it has a Techy under the hood?  

• Like 2

Rp.wh
On 7/16/2017 at 7:52 PM, Blondeflutterby said:

This is how we announced the pregnancy last year. 

IMG_4854.JPG

This is awesome:text-yeahthat:.!!  @Blondeflutterby and @Deadguy best birth announcement i have seen yet. 

• Like 1