Deadguy

656 or Lawn Ranger?

Deadguy

If I were to bring a plow tractor, should it be the 857 with the 13hp Robin and 8 speed, or the B80 with the 16ho Kohler and 8 speed?

• Like 3

Achto

Tuff decision :think:. I sure like the sound of a big single Kohler engine though. 

• Like 2

Deadguy
3 minutes ago, Achto said:

Tuff decision :think:. I sure like the sound of a big single Kohler engine though. 

Who doesn't? :wh:

• Like 2

WHX??

Now you gonna tell me I need to bring a plow tractor?? So do bring a plow tractor or the 520 for chain piles?? I already know what yer gonna say....BOTH! :lol:

• Like 3

Deadguy

This little guy is really looking forward to his first Symco show!

IMG_1348.JPG

• Like 3

Achto
3 hours ago, WHX11 said:

I already know what yer gonna say....BOTH! :lol:

You guessed it!!:D

57 minutes ago, Deadguy said:

This little guy is really looking forward to his first Symco show!

I'm thinking that you should put his tractor on the trailer, then pick out your plow tractor and add it to the load.;)

Say back to what this post was all about.... Did you pick out which tractor your going to buy? Ranger? 656? Both?!?!?

Edited by Achto
  • Like 3

Deadguy
1 hour ago, Achto said:

You guessed it!!:D

I'm thinking that you should put his tractor on the trailer, then pick out your plow tractor and add it to the load.;)

Say back to what this post was all about.... Did you pick out which tractor your going to buy? Ranger? 656? Both?!?!?

So the guy selling the 656 is gone for the next few weeks, so I won't be able to get that anytime soon.  I guess I'll give the Ranger seller a call.  Who knows, maybe I will end up with both!

• Like 4

DennisThornton
10 hours ago, Deadguy said:

Uh oh, my wife tells me the Ranger is cuter....

Silly me!  How could I have forgotten the pictures!

IMG_1345.JPG

IMG_1346.JPG

Ahhh man!  You're wife is right! 

• Like 1

Retired Wrencher

Deadguy  If there one thing I learned about Tecky`s over the years. If you have the original carb for these and they run ok. It is better to keep it and try and rebuild them. Enjoy what ever you decide.:) 

Deadguy
3 hours ago, Retierd Wrencher said:

Deadguy  If there one thing I learned about Tecky`s over the years. If you have the original carb for these and they run ok. It is better to keep it and try and rebuild them. Enjoy what ever you decide.:) 

When I get frustrated with a misbehaving Tecky I just throw it at Tecky's former quality manager!

• Like 2

PeacemakerJack
On 7/11/2017 at 2:42 PM, Deadguy said:

If I were to bring a plow tractor, should it be the 857 with the 13hp Robin and 8 speed, or the B80 with the 16ho Kohler and 8 speed?

When it comes to pure lugging power, if that K361 is in good shape, it will be hard to stop the 16!  Given that you have a good drive belt, decent AG's, and enough weight, that sounds like a plowing machine:D.  

Another cool oil thing about taking a tractor to Symco, is that you get in free as an exhibitor:icecream:--all three days!  I've included a couple of pics from Symco 2016...

IMG_2415.JPG.09c2559eaa04051fb4c19ce7273e0e2d.JPG

My dad with his 875 "Iron Horse"

IMG_2418.JPG.769a7c835e90d20ecea07a9289fa2c50.JPG

Adam and his cool custom tricycle Cub (his girls love tractor shows)!

IMG_2422.JPG.dc2bdc407c9aee76c9705d8ed64d1ed4.JPG

Some plow and show tractors on display.

IMG_2420.JPG.5e8c7e316856ee774982ac5d8494265e.JPG

a 128 plow rig

IMG_2440.JPG.4a46fbcfd4cbe92126a3357953ca5211.JPG

My kids love all the fun and interesting interactive stuff to do at Symco.

IMG_2445.JPG.30efcbd2ca57fb20a722c411c8f33daf.JPG

My youngest and I getting ready to go plow on GhostRider (314-8).

As to your topic, I'm partial to the 656 but I do like the idea of both--if you have the room and can keep the peace at home:scared-ghostface:!!!

• Like 4

WHX??

:text-coolphotos: Jack .... wonder who belongs to that bug eyed or crusty seated one!

IMG_2422_JPG_dc2bdc407c9aee76c9705d8ed64d1ed4.jpg

Edited by WHX11
  • Like 2

Deadguy
2 hours ago, PeacemakerJack said:

When it comes to pure lugging power, if that K361 is in good shape, it will be hard to stop the 16!  Given that you have a good drive belt, decent AG's, and enough weight, that sounds like a plowing machine:D.  

Another cool oil thing about taking a tractor to Symco, is that you get in free as an exhibitor:icecream:--all three days!  I've included a couple of pics from Symco 2016...

IMG_2415.JPG.09c2559eaa04051fb4c19ce7273e0e2d.JPG

My dad with his 875 "Iron Horse"

IMG_2418.JPG.769a7c835e90d20ecea07a9289fa2c50.JPG

Adam and his cool custom tricycle Cub (his girls love tractor shows)!

IMG_2422.JPG.dc2bdc407c9aee76c9705d8ed64d1ed4.JPG

Some plow and show tractors on display.

IMG_2420.JPG.5e8c7e316856ee774982ac5d8494265e.JPG

a 128 plow rig

IMG_2440.JPG.4a46fbcfd4cbe92126a3357953ca5211.JPG

My kids love all the fun and interesting interactive stuff to do at Symco.

IMG_2445.JPG.30efcbd2ca57fb20a722c411c8f33daf.JPG

My youngest and I getting ready to go plow on GhostRider (314-8).

As to your topic, I'm partial to the 656 but I do like the idea of both--if you have the room and can keep the peace at home:scared-ghostface:!!!

Thanks for the information!  Is there someone that I need to talk to ahead of time regarding the tractor, or do they just take care of that when I show up?

Achto
45 minutes ago, Deadguy said:

Thanks for the information!  Is there someone that I need to talk to ahead of time regarding the tractor, or do they just take care of that when I show up?

You just need to register when you get there. Only thing that you need to call a head for is camping, but I assume you'll be driving home because you live so close.

@WHX11 Just a heads up, admission to the show will be free to you & spouse as an exhibitor. But they stick you for $40 for camping.

Edited by Achto
  • Like 2

WHX??

Is that a nite Dan or for the whole weekend? That's not bad for the whole weekend considering the quality of their grounds.

• Like 1

Achto

That would be for a spot in a hay field for the whole weekend. I have your spot reserved already.

Edited by Achto

Deadguy

Ok, so I went Horse shopping, and ended up with not one, not two, but three more horses!  A Lawn Ranger, a 856, and one more...

IMG_1354.JPG

IMG_1357.JPG

• Like 6

rmaynard

Okay, three is better than two, but I can't see #3, unless #3 is the tough guy driving the Lawn Ranger. 

• Like 3

Deadguy
4 minutes ago, rmaynard said:

Okay, three is better than two, but I can't see #3, unless #3 is the tough guy driving the Lawn Ranger. 

Here's #3, a 701.  But yes, you need to watch out for that tough guy on the Ranger.  If you cross him, he'll mess you up for sure!

IMG_1366.JPG

• Like 7

PeacemakerJack

@Deadguy nice haul!!! You were doing some serious "horse wrangling" and it looks like you had one tough hombre with you!  He will really love those machines as he gets older. My two youngest were out driving on their tractors last night... I like all of your new acquisitions--especially tht 701! :greetings-clappingyellow:

• Like 3

Achto

Nice haul @Deadguy. I see that you might have went South of the border for one of them (856), that is if it's the same one I looked at. I really like the 701, I wish my 701 looked that good.

• Like 2

rmaynard

Nice 701.

• Like 1

Deadguy
36 minutes ago, Achto said:

Nice haul @Deadguy. I see that you might have went South of the border for one of them (856), that is if it's the same one I looked at. I really like the 701, I wish my 701 looked that good.

I did go just barely south of the border for the 856.  The metal is perfectly straight, not one dent on the thing.  However, none of the tires match, and it needs carb and ignition work.  It does start though! I will also have to soak the transmission in kerosene and flush it out too.  The 701 has ignition issues, is missing the dash plate, has been repainted at least once or twice, and has more than a few small dents and patches.

Edited by Deadguy
  • Like 3

Achto
6 minutes ago, Deadguy said:

It does start though!

That makes the price on that one even better!!!

• Like 1

Deadguy
1 hour ago, rmaynard said:

Nice 701.

Thanks!  These days, ANY 701 is a nice one!

1 hour ago, PeacemakerJack said:

@Deadguy nice haul!!! You were doing some serious "horse wrangling" and it looks like you had one tough hombre with you!  He will really love those machines as he gets older. My two youngest were out driving on their tractors last night... I like all of your new acquisitions--especially tht 701! :greetings-clappingyellow:

Thanks!  But now I have an even bigger dilemma on deciding what to bring to Symco!

• Like 2