Duramax7man7

Value of 2 Decks

Duramax7man7

Okay, so how much would a 42" side discharge deck that works even though it's a little rough and had some moderate corrosion on the spindles be worth?

The other is a 48" SD with a couple of small holes in the deck and some pitting underneath but solid everywhere else. Bearings fully functional be worth?

Thanks. I'm getting offered $100 for both????

Thisguyisnew

Without pictures it is not easy to say. But let's put it another way,100 for both I'd buy them based on your description if you were in IL.

• Like 1

Duramax7man7

Right but should I sell them for that little? I could easily get more for them. Say $100 each if they were in working order and cut well?

Mike'sHorseBarn

At the big show this year my uncle paid $150 for for a 48" deck with good bearings and spindles but needed 2 patches welded on. It was complete and ready to be mounted minus the patches. Just a reference. The 42" decks are more common so $50 is what I would ask for it.

• Like 1

Duramax7man7

Yep. So I could have gotten $200 for them. I was taken for $100 by an older gentlemen and then when the lift cable broke that he gave me, he tried telling me that one of the decks was worthless because supposedly he could only get one pulley off? smh... Why not just sell them as they were functional. I fell like he screwed me.

Thisguyisnew

Probably should not dwell on it. Someone always gets the better of a deal

• Like 1

Duramax7man7

Nope. I'm not. Just came on here before making a decision about the last of the deal that we made. Looks like I'll be closing the rest of it off to even out the value in trades.