I just got this 74 D-180 for $450.

Seems to run good, needs choke lever, pto belt, gas tank is a cobble-job, hydros seem to work.

Just wanted to see what you folks thought. What would you pay?

Also where can I find a front end loader? They seem hard to come by.

Sorry for cut-off pics....I didn't take them!

00k0k_6cGPh6lWj77_1200x900.jpg

00L0L_jb1IJZzHZoX_1200x900.jpg

00M0M_bbmS4tUA8R9_1200x900.jpg

• Like 9

:text-coolphotos:       $ 450 for ab running, driving "D" with a Kohler Twin and a 3 Point lift, that is a great deal!    :handgestures-thumbupright:

• Like 4

Looks like a great deal to me.Love those D series Horses.Have fun with your new toy.

Great deal!  Fixing & equiping it would take awhile around here.  I never seen anything "D"! 

2 hours ago, 953 nut said:

:text-coolphotos:       $ 450 for ab running, driving "D" with a Kohler Twin and a 3 Point lift, that is a great deal!    :handgestures-thumbupright:

and turning brakes to boot!!

Check with @elliot ness he may have a front-end loader....If he doesn't now, he more than likely will soon!

• Like 2

I woulda paid 450 for that tractor all day! You got a great deal. Around here guys want 1000+ for a lot worse shape and no 3 pt or brakes! Stay on the hunt for a FEL and you will eventually find one. :text-coolphotos:

• Like 2

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

• Similar Content

• By Sarge
      Ok - the UL-1 batteries won't cut it for turning over the big cast iron Kohler twins - got one that is only 6mo old and it's basically shot already . One start cycle and if it doesn't fire it's done - needs to be jumped . Since it's mounted above the Sundstrand pump and so close to that thumper engine I'd assume the vibration is just killing the plates . At a rate of 2 batteries per year - that doesn't work out very well and the rotating mass of that engine just draws far too much from the battery - even with a new starter .

From the BCI group number chart and some dimensions of what can fit in the tractor physically I come up with a Group 26 battery - what is everyone using in their twin cylinder D's ??

I see an equivalent Deka runs about $80 - anyone tried that size on one of these D's ...?

Sarge
    • By Petes Horse
      Getting my mess of a d160 rebuilt and found the source of play in my steering.
      This may also explain the oddball rim.

Bottom race. Or is it races now?

-----------------------If you don't like modded OEM parts go no further, there be carnage ahead!----------------------------------------

So I went on a hunt for a replacement. Wow those are expensive. No standard bearings even close.
      Turns out 3/4 x 1-3/8 x 1/2 wheel bearings fit perfect because of their flange. Well almost. The ID is a little off.

Adjustment needed. I already ground the lip off. I believe the lips were to hold the bearings for assembly.

The flange of the bearing sits nicely in the adjustment cup.

Looking down into the cup with bearing in it. Flange side down.

Worm alignment with sealed bearing in cup on left. Same as new.

The cotter pin hole doesn't line up but there is enough room to drill a new one.

End view with bearing installed.

To install both top and bottom bearings you have to grind or turn a good portion of the shaft and the lip on the other side.
      It's only .030 so not to bad.

Both bearings installed. Fit nicely against the shoulder of the race on the worm.

Worm alignment with both bearings installed. Old outer races removed. tightened snug. Still has full travel and is more centered.

No way to install cotter pin. but my alignment cup was so tight it will not come loose. I'm lucky I got it out.

End cap with both bearings installed.

Hi-tech cap removal tool one ground down wood bit.

The sealed bearings sit up against the shoulder of the race and the bearing flanges face away from the worm.
      The flange may need adjusting depending on who made it. There is no inner seal so it can be greased like usual.
      I'm not sure how they will hold up to thrust loads but for 6 bucks I'll risk it.
      I didn't grind near the original races at all so it can be put back to original if need be, minus some metal anyway.

Welp, back to painting parts.......

• By Petes Horse
      I've been looking for a while. The bolt holes just line up and the wire is a little tight between the fender and light. No drilling though.
      They were at Rural King. I think about three bucks each. Optronics MC42RS RED  Marker/Clearance.

• By RedWheelz
      This unit starts and runs good, hydros work good. 
      Brand new battery, never used.
      Front and rear PTO
      Dual brakes
      3 point hitch
      Hour meter does'nt work. Wasn't working when I got it.
      Email me for fastest reply

• By ken1054wul
      wheel horse D -180wheel horse D -180wheel horse D -180wheel horse D -180wheel horse D -180wheel horse D -180wheel horse D -180Wheel Horse 18 automatic
      Disk brakes
      3/PT
      rear PTO
      Rm59 rear mower
      wheel horse D -180
      Wheel horse D-1802
      Wheel horse D-1802
      Wheel horse D-1806