Sign in to follow this  
kj4kicks

Karls old C120

kj4kicks

Alot of the newer members here won't know about this project. It started nearly a year ago, so the paint is well cured. Still need to paint the sheetmetal and some of the other parts, but there was enough on the shelf to make it a roller.

P2030799.jpg

nylyon

Wow, I am really looking forward to seeing how this turns out. Bringing it to you is still one of the best days of my life :thumbs:

kj4kicks

Guess I'd better put up a "before" pic so you have a reference:

P1045888.jpg

DOC in Kentucky

Geez E, Your like the Ford assembly plant of tractor restorations. :dunno:

I know where there is a dry cleaners that went out of business and you could get the rails that hung from the ceiling that moved all the clothes around and hang that from your shop ceiling. That way you could just punch in a letter of the restore you wanted, work on it for a while and then select the next one and so on. :thumbs::whistle: :whistle:

KyBlue

I spy a dennis Carpenters Box in the background...orderin parts for old blue??

Lookin Good E...Jeez to have half your energy

kj4kicks

I spy a dennis Carpenters Box in the background...orderin parts for old blue??

wow Scott, good eyes ! That pic is nearly a year old,and yeah, it was a new steering wheel...

Hey Doc, if you have room in your suitcase, bring those rails along. That would be wicked cool !!

bell

That looks GREAT E! :thumbs: I just picked up a pair of those same Carlisles today for the 1045... :whistle:

Sparky

Hmmm...how did I miss this post? I wondered what had become of that tractor Eldon. I hadnt heard any talk of it since......well.......the day we dropped it off. I'll bet its gonna look sweet! Will it be a keeper or do you have a new home lined up for it?

And dont you try to get me to "drive" it across the parking lot at the WH show. I aint falling for that one again :thumbs: .

Mike..........

WHC-125

Looks Great :thumbs:

Cant wait to see it finished :whistle:

kj4kicks

Thanks guys ! I added the rear lift thingy, but that's as far as I can go until more paintwork gets done:

P2050828.jpg

Mike, I think this one will be a keeper, since we're going to do a complete rebuild on the engine. Probably be too pricey for most folks, unless I can get them to take it for a drive :thumbs:

George

Looks great Eldon! Keep us posted on the progress.

nylyon

I'm really glad that you have this one Eldon. The guy that I bought it from had intentions of restoring it, then I had those same intentions. It will do both of us good knowing that it will be done and done right! If it looks half as good as the C-160, it will be one awsome C-120!

Note to self, take off rear hitch lift parts before getting rid of tractors :thumbs:

kj4kicks

I'm glad you left those parts on there Karl. That's what made me decide to go with the rear ag's. I also picked up the correct lift valve a while back, and of course TT hooked me up with an excellent rockshaft. Also picked up a nice seat for it too.

So even when I wasn't "working on it" , I really still was.

MaineDad

Eldon,

Nice job so far on the C-120. One question. The hydraulic lines that you are using to the implement lift valve look braided. Did you add those lines?

TJ

Nice work. :thumbs:

kj4kicks

The hydraulic lines that you are using to the implement lift valve look braided. Did you add those lines?

That's just an old junk one I use for painting. It's only purpose is to keep dirt out until I install the new lines and assemble the tractor.

nylyon

I think that those were the lines which were on the C-120. The 120 was retrofitted with Hydraulic lift. The previos owner had thelines made up, and used the braded lines. They were long and coiled, but didn't leak.

kj4kicks

Finally got back to painting again. Most of the C120 parts (and some for the Electro) are now drying...

P2120856.jpg

P2120857.jpg

P2120858.jpg

Rollerman

E looking great. :thumbs:

Sure hope I get to cross paths with you sometime & see an Eldon Horse first hand.

I bet it be like walking into a dealership & seeing a Horse like it just come out of the shipping crate back in the day...but better. :whistle:

Sparky

Sure hope I get to cross paths with you sometime & see an Eldon Horse first hand.

I bet it be like walking into a dealership & seeing a Horse like it just come out of the shipping crate back in the day...but better. :thumbs:

Its great Stephen. I get to see one everytime I go in the garage :whistle: .

Mike.........

Rideawaysenior

E's work is flawless. I remember seeing hi C520 and the 416 that Sparky bought at the show from him. Not sure if you remember E but you gave me some great tips on the 312 that I had with the sweepster mounted on it. I was able to cover the rust spots. I did exactly as you told me and it worked like a charm. Wish I had the ability to turn out work like you do though.

nylyon

Its great Stephen. I get to see one everytime I go in the garage :whistle: .

Mike.........

Me too! :thumbs:

Operator

Eldon I have Two questions for you , the rear tires what size? 9:50 or 10:50 wide?

and what is your opinion on powder coating the hood, fenders, belt gard, I don't know that much about that type of painting. Your input please :thumbs:

The tractor-really a great job!

Randy

kj4kicks

The rear tires are 23x8.50x12.

Haven't ventured into powdercoating yet. The only real issue I see is getting paint to match whatever color powder you use. There are lots of powder colors, but not sure if there is an exact match to WH red (or IH red).

Ohio_Tractor_Nut

Great Job! That is going to be one pretty tractor!