c-series don

Does anyone else have one of these?

squonk

Diggin that Tecky decal! :)

• Like 1

c-series don

This is 1966 Reo 4hp tecky 32" cut. I found this unit at a WheelHorse dealer who bought the remaining inventory of another WH dealer. They informed me that it was N.O.S. And never sold by the previous dealer. Of course I didn't believe it until they got a forklift and got it down off the rack it was on. The guy flipped it on its side and sure enough, it looked brand new. Never even had gas in it he said!!! The surface rust on the top is just from moisture and condensation build up. I bought it immediately! Brought it home, put some gas in it and wah-lah I'm mowin grass.( Only a little though because I didn't want to damage the paint underneath!!) I probably have only put no more than two hours on it in the 15 or so years I've had it, just driving it around. I brought it to the big show once or twice and everybody I talked to said the same thing, they've seen Reo's with the steering wheel but not tiller steer. So this makes me wonder just how rare is this little gem? 

• Like 3

wfrpalm

I just went past a yard that was being cut by one these, the driver was about 90 years old, dressed nice

and wearing a hat. The tractor looked to be in good condition.

c-series don

Please! If you would talk to the gentleman with his Reo i would love to hear about it. I seriously think I have one of the only ones left?

953 nut
On 7/10/2017 at 5:39 PM, c-series don said:

Reo's with the steering wheel but not tiller steer.

I had one with the steering wheel too, never saw a tiller steer before.  :text-coolphotos:

gwest_ca

Looks like the model determined the type of steering rather than the age. Always wondered what the differences were but obvious when you see them together.

Garry

• Like 1

AMC RULES

:rolleyes: Who knew there were so many variations. :handgestures-thumbsup:

c-series don

I believe that the 6 in rr-46 is 1966, 47 is 1967 and they are the same exact machine. Thank you everyone for chiming in on this. I would love to know how many of these were made. Again I have never seen another one.