elcamino/wheelhorse

HF Sprayer

elcamino/wheelhorse

I have a long hedge of Red Tips that needs to be sprayed weekly due to a fungus and I got real tired of  the one gallon  sprayer  ( each application requires 3 gallons of water) . I looked at the big box stores and did not like the prices and quality . I got a sale catalog from HF which had a 4 gallon back pack hand pump sprayer for $20.00 plus sales tax . Read the reviews on it and there were a lot of positives . Picked one up Friday and used it today. For 20 bucks you can beat it. It is on the heavy side when filled ( for the over middle aged guys - we know who we are ) but it works great , come with 4 different spray heads and assemblies in about 10 minutes which includes opening the box. It takes a little getting use to as it is a pump spray versus a pressure sprayer. Just for your information.

• Like 8

KC9KAS

Water is 8.34 pounds per gallon!  33.36# plus the sprayer weight!

I would hate to lug that around very long!

elcamino/wheelhorse

The sprayer weights about six pounds , I strapped it to a hand truck for the first couple of gallons(Mom only raised one dummy and that my brother )   . The hand truck stood up straight even with all the weight. Whole lot easier then mixing up a gallon at a time and walking across 1/2 the yard to refill with water and chemical . Has a nice long hose and wand so I can spray inside the bushes without a problem. 

• Like 2

953 nut

If you were to build a mounting bracket on a :wh: and attach the pump handle to an off set rod attached to a wheel (sort of like a crank shaft) you could have a ride-on-sprayer!

• Like 6

Jerry77

Call me lazy, but I use a 2 gal pump up that I set between my legs on my golf cart and go around spraying - easy to pump up when needed ...at 77 I can't lug much around - cart is great for that...:)

• Like 3

squonk

I hope you gave the cart a beer when you were done Jim! 707109581avatar.gif.83be8a6659da93fd81cfa2ede0937956.gif

• Like 1

ebinmaine
On 7/9/2017 at 7:25 PM, elcamino/wheelhorse said:

(Mom only raised one dummy and that my brother )   .

I dont got no brother.....:doh::scratchead:

• Like 1