Jeffreyg0565

Recently mowing lawn treactor won't go into any gear. Not sure if there are belt tensioner or if needing new belt. Any help would be greatly appreciated.  P.S. I don't have owners manual so I'm not even sure how to adjust or change belt.  Thanks Jeff

953 nut

:WRS:     If you will tell us the year and model number we can fix you up with a free download for an owner manual. When you say it won't go in gear please be a bit more specific. Is this a problem that just occurred or one that has gotten worse? Will it seem to go into gear while stationary with the engine shut off, but grind gears when running? We need a bit more to go on here.

• Like 5

N3PUY

Sounds like he is saying "won't GO in any gear".  Like it won't "move" in any gear.  My thoughts are first check the axle hubs and the input pulley.  

Jeffreyg0565

I have since fixed the problem. I had some how taken it out of high. The lever was between high and low. Thank you all for the help P.S.  new owner 😳😀😀👊

• Like 4

Racinbob

Now there's something we've all done. Some of us more than once........many more :blink:

:WRS: and enjoy the forum.

• Like 3

953 nut
6 hours ago, Jeffreyg0565 said:

don't have owners manual

Glad you found the problem. If you go to the "Manuals" tab at the top of the page and search for your year and model you can download one for free.

• Like 2

BOB ELLISON

If we keep getting Michigan guys on here we can have our own Big Show.

• Like 5

steelman

I went to a show a few years back at the fair grounds in Charlotte MI. I didn't have much time to spend there but recall there being 6 or 8 guys there with WH but mostly farm tractors. 

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

• Similar Content

• jmack
      By jmack
      What’s the correct v-belt size for a xi drive belt connecting to a 60” deck?  

Just shredded mine today. 
    • ryobi.warrior
      By ryobi.warrior
      The belt on my Wheel Horse 314-8 mower deck (05-37SC01) appears to be contacting the deck bracket between the spindle pulleys. I am a novice when it comes to Wheel Horse maintenance (at best), but this does not seem correct.

I recently inherited this Wheel Horse, so I do not know the maintenance history. Unfortunately, the mechanic who previously worked on it was a no-show for a scheduled maintenance visit.

Any advice on how to address this? Thanks in advance... this seems like a great forum and I'm looking forward to spending time here!

Photos (please forgive the dirt and grime, I plan to clean it up!): https://imgur.com/a/4PknZuJ

• seven
      By seven
      Does anyone know what size belt is required for the rear mounted tiller off of a charger 12
    • JackHorse
      By JackHorse
      Hi Guys, Had a random occurrence this week. Mowing along with my C85 eight speed in 1 low (grass was thick and wet), went to depress clutch and the drive belt jumped off the idler. I've had this tractor 3 years and it's been working great.  The belt itself looks good except the top of it was a bit chewed up in a short section which I believe happened after it came off.  I put the belt back on and continued to mow with no further issue.  Any ideas as to why this would happen or adjustments I might need to make to prevent another incident? Thanks 
    • chsteinke44
      By chsteinke44
      i need help finding the right size drive belt for my 212-h wheel horse and the diagram for installing the belt.   i got the tractor from my wifes grampa and cant find the diagram for it or a replacement belt for it.  the id tag is 3212be01  46590
      the belt i need is the motor to transmition