drewd

36" RD deck hangers on 72-73 800

drewd

Hi Guys,  I need some help?

I have an older 800 that had a 36" RD deck that finally could not be repaired any longer.  The old deck had the lift attachment that only had one wide bar going from front to back. The front of the flat bar had a piece of round stock that would snap up and attached to tractor.  Will the "newer" lift attachments work on my old (72-73) 800? Thanks! 

Racinbob

Yes, with some little modifications. You'll need a hitch on the front for the mule drive. You can make one work fairly easily or try to find one that bolts to the frame. Wheel Horse made those. Are you talking about a Commando 800? My grandson had a 72 and it came with the front hitch. I'm thinking you may have a 71 Workhorse 800.:)

drewd

Great!  Do you know if I can use the back drive pulley on the deck as it is on this deck by just using a longer v belt?  That would be best as the blade pulleys are just singles (no double on the front one due to it being for a vertical shaft mower). 

Mine is  a wheelhorse and it has the pulleys mounted permanently to the front end. They are on a weldment that is bolted on the frame not the mule drives that attach that I see.  I bought this years ago from the original owner.  The small brochure that came with it for the engine was printed in 1972.

Thanks again!