Big_Red_Fred

Ignition

Big_Red_Fred

Hey Friends, i just purchased a C125 for 200.00, i had the key on removing fuel pump ( I didnt know i left it on ) and the coil started smoking, i pulled the positive cable off, I was wondering is it possible to convert the Old Cast Iron engines to electronic & if so where can i find these parts, wonder why the coil is mounted beside the Carb ? Strange place to put in case of fire:-o0707171758.jpg.e4d5508617e4eb797350dc0f05a36d7f.jpg

pfrederi

Kohler made an electronic ignition back in the late 60s early 70s called Breakerless. Worked great but when they fail now parts are hard to find and $$$$

• Like 1

squonk

You smoked a $ 20 coil. smellie_fire.gif.c585ce78aa851eb11ca71d0a204188c9.gifImagine how'd you feel with a $100 + module! 

• Like 5

953 nut
6 hours ago, Big_Red_Fred said:

i had the key on removing fuel pump ( I didnt know i left it on ) and the coil started smoking

You just learned not to walk off and leave the key on!   Tuition;  $ 20.00!    Lesson learned, Image result for priceless

• Like 4

Big_Red_Fred

Was day dreaming i had a 953 :text-lol:

pfrederi
4 hours ago, squonk said:

You smoked a $ 20 coil. smellie_fire.gif.c585ce78aa851eb11ca71d0a204188c9.gifImagine how'd you feel with a $100 + module! 

If you can find a $100 trigger for a Kohler Breakerless system you are lucky

• Like 3