Sign in to follow this  
pacer

Help with choke/throttle routing on D-160 with K341

pacer

Am doing a pretty extensive rework on my D160 with the K341 16hp. Naturally this called for removing the choke and throttle cables and of course I didnt take a picture of how they were routed/mounted at the engine and now I cannot see how they are supposed to mount! So hopefully one of you "Big D" owners with the Kohler 341 either has a pic of the mounting or would be so kind as to take one---- I did the disassembly about a month ago and my old memory just aint coming thru for me!

Would seem the choke would mount to that bolt in the pic but when mounted there it isnt quite long enough! The throttle --- I just cant come up with anything, I know on most of the one cyl the cable comes over the top, but???? I keep thinking I am missing some parts, but I have torn the shop apart looking for anything that might go there....

2017-07-08_16-39-37.jpg

IMG_3484.JPG

pacer

OK OK, so I get the dummy of the week prize:ranting: Went back out this morning with a fresh outlook and pretty quickly realized that I had the throttle and choke cables reversed!! The cables route toward the dash instead of toward the engine - which seemed the logical way to me, but NOooo!! Anyway once this was done everything fell into place quickly and got it all buttoned up.