Borncountry10

953 / 1054 headlights (ISO)

953 nut

:WRS:          Check with Lincoln at A-Z Tractor, he was parting out a 1054.        :text-coolphotos:

http://a-ztractor.com/

• Like 2

Borncountry10

Great ! Will do

• Like 1

SylvanLakeWH

:text-welcomeconfetti:

Looks Great!

Borncountry10

Got ahold of Lincoln today from a-z tractor.   Great guy!   He has a set for the early 953 but not a set for the later ones and the 1054.   So I am still on the hunt if anyone else has suggestions they would be appreciated! Thanks again all!

• Like 1

TravelinJavelin

beautiful tractor

• Like 1

Borncountry10

ThAnkyou travelin. It was my great granddads and I am currently finishing it up for my 4 year old son.  Just got the front end back today from the machine shop.  It was totally worn out and sloppy.   It was brazed many times to hold it together but I finally decided to have it done right.

IMG_2208.JPG

Edited by Borncountry10
  • Like 1

TravelinJavelin

I would love to make mine that nice

953 nut
2 hours ago, Borncountry10 said:

It was my great granddads and I am currently finishing it up for my 4 year old son.

Wow, a fifth generation owner of a :wh:, awesome!           Image result for wow

• Like 1

Borncountry10

Alright, just an update in case anyone else is looking for these light housings.   Like I said before, I have been searching for one of these for about a year.   I have been searching for a wheelhorse specific part.   I ended up looking on the side of the one that I did have and it is made by dietz.  Light number 107.   So I started to search for one of those.   I found one in Texas from a "light guy".   $24 sent to the house.   It fit perfectly but here is the only difference.    It was made with a cut out in it for a license plate light and takes a slightly different bulb.   I just painted the clear plastic silver and otherwise you can't tell a difference.   It fits the hole in the grill and the wheel horse lenses snap right onto it.  It will work good and get us to our local tractor show this weekend with a complete tractor!

IMG_3421.JPG

IMG_3422.JPG

IMG_3423.JPG

• Like 7

953 nut

:text-coolphotos:             Glad you were able to find one, good information to have. Wonder what it was used on?       :text-bravo:

• Like 1

Borncountry10

The best I can tell they were some sort of vintage trailer lights.  It was painted black so I had to paint it but easy to make it work.  Guess it would be good to mention that it was a two wire light and the factory wheel horse light was a one wire light so I just had to ground it. 

• Like 2

Big_Red_Fred

I have a Vintage trailer shop parts store down the road from my truck shop, i will stop by & see rick, present him with that part #, do 953 come with a tail light Too ? I seen on my 1054 there's some thing on there, any info helps, thanksIMG_02781.jpg.c037e26a86016e9887e2670f0de66eda.jpg

953 nut
1 hour ago, Big_Red_Fred said:

do 953 come with a tail light Too ?

Yes they do and replacement lenses are available.

• Like 1

Borncountry10

Yes a single red bullet style rear tail light.   I bought the replacement rear lense, both front headlight lenses and orings and the replacement ivory throttle and choke knobs from glen pettit and had very few dollars invested.   Thank you glen!!!!

• Like 1
  • Excellent 1