Jamie Darian Brown

B80 tiller.

Jamie Darian Brown

Ok. I got a B80 mower.  I got a 36 inch tiller with the two pulleys on it. I got the 90 degree bracket for the side of the mower. 

What size belt do I need to hook it up ? 

Also I need the two pulleys that go on the 90 degree bracket. What are their sizes.  ?   Any help is appreciated.   Garden needs tilling asap.   Trying to get it all together 

Racinbob

The belt is probably a 1/2" x 139" but we can't be certain without knowing exactly what tiller you have. If you can find the model # do a search in the manuals section to find the owners manual. :)

Jamie Darian Brown

Thank you ! 

The tiller is a 0736TL03

woukd that still be 139? 

What size v belt and flat belt I need to get for 90 degree  bracket ?

gwest_ca

The 8821 flat idler is 2.469" OD x .375" ID x .750 W (Stens 280-032, Napa 7-05203)

The 104974 V idler is 4.250" OD x .750" ID x .828" W (Stens 280-750 HD, Napa 7-05486)

Garry

Jamie Darian Brown

Thank you to everyone for help. I got the stens pulleys ordered.  I keep y'all posted. 

Jamie Darian Brown

With yalls help I got the right pulleys in and got it all together.    Only problem is now that the clutch slips.  It is adjusted as tight as it will go.     It's a 1975 b80.  8hp kohler.      It only has rubber ring rivited to engine side of clutch.  Outside pulley side is metal.    Does it sound like I need a new clutch. ?    The 139 belt is tight but works great.    Just the clutch slips.   Any ideas on how I can fabricate one buy one or am I missing a part or extra ring.    Tke rubber ring that's on it (riveted to engine side ) is about the width of less than 1/4 inch.    

gwest_ca

The C-Series in this later service manual is similar to your B-80.

Here is the pto adjustment from Section 9 of the manual

Garry

Tractor 1978-79 BCD SM Section 9 C-Series pto adj SS.jpg

Jamie Darian Brown

I have the trunnion adjusted all the way.   Still slips.   The clutch facing is about a 1/4 inch thick.   Is this too wore 

pfrederi

A lot of my workers have less lining than that.  You should remove the PTO bell and see if the surface is contaminated with grease and see if the rivets are rubbing...

Jamie Darian Brown

I took off belll.  It's less than 1/4 it's about an 1/8.   Rivets are basically level with the material.       Surface is rubbery and smooth  but not slick.      Tiller gives jt a work out more than the deck did.    Deck didn't make it slip.   My new tiller does.    

R. L. Addison

I put one quarter inch washers between my pulley & facing plate to finish a job I was doing one time, I had a bonded facing though (no rivets). Also I think the small clutches are six inch diameter & the bigger ones are six & three quarter inch in diameter, for what little it is worth.