dells68

Big Show 701 purchase

953 nut

:text-coolphotos:               Glad to see the only Deere in your yard is concrete and not green!        :ychain:

• Like 4

elcamino/wheelhorse

Nice 701 have you started the tiller yet? Interested in how it works. 

• Like 2

12 hp Kohler

Very nice 701, I was checking that out at the show and admiring it, and your son was showing me his lawn range, he was extremely excited about that I also admired your 953 you had there. 

• Like 1

dells68

Thanks guys!  Dad had prostate surgery Thurs, so that was the only time I've been in cell range until now.  I'm tickled with the tractor, even though it seems to have a little bit of an identity crisis.  Runs great!  Haven't tried to start the tiller yet - needs a recoil spring.  Talked with Oldredrider about maybe getting it going for me this winter.  Emory is in heaven with our horses and has to go for a ride quite frequently now that we've got a good tank on it!  Been busy tearing the 953 down for a repaint.  I'll try to post some pics later on when I get a chance.   Happy :wh: trails!!

• Like 3

953 nut
3 hours ago, dells68 said:

Been busy tearing the 953 down for a repaint.

:woohoo:          Will you be doing a thread on this including the challenges you have already overcome on the differential?

• Like 1

dells68

Not sure Richard.  I'm horrible at documenting things and taking pictures as I go.  I'll at least try to post up some pics of the final product.  Got it torn down and am going to work on stripping it this afternoon.  Only real issue I see is a leaky hydraulic pump.  Plenty strong, just leaks a little on the frame and deck.

953 nut

Lowell at Wheelhorseparts and more offers kits for the cylinder and pump, well priced too. His site on the internet seems to be having a problem right now.