Boonelynch

My first Wheel Horse, C-100?

Boonelynch

Just purchased my first Wheel Horse yesterday. I'd like to restore it to its original glory. I'm sure there is plenty of parts information out there. Any help you guys could provide would be great. The I have says C-120 on the side but the previous owner says it's a c-100. It does not have a data tag anywhere that I can find. Is there any distinguishing features I should look for to help determining exactly what year/model it is. 

IMG_20170705_185151.jpg

• Like 8

WHX??

:WRS: Boone.... get us some numbers off the engine, that will tell us C-100 = 10 hp should be a K241, if it is a 120 should be a 12 hp K301. Congrats on your 1st horse!

• Like 2

Boonelynch

It has the 10hp Kohler. 

Tuneup

I wonder why the tag would be removed? It should be attached on the left. Opposite from where the right side lever would go if it was on the left. I couldn't find mine but that's cause a former owner covered it with tape when he sprayed it. 10HP makes is a C-100, right? So, replacement engine or replacement decals? I'm thinking the former. Everything else is the same.

953 nut

:WRS:            Looks like a good start to your herd of :wh:!

wallfish

Search this document for Wheel Horse Years.

Wheel_Horse_All_Years.pdf

• Like 1

Boonelynch
41 minutes ago, Tuneup said:

I wonder why the tag would be removed? It should be attached on the left. Opposite from where the right side lever would go if it was on the left. I couldn't find mine but that's cause a former owner covered it with tape when he sprayed it. 10HP makes is a C-100, right? So, replacement engine or replacement decals? I'm thinking the former. Everything else is the same.

I assume replacement decals, though not sure why they chose 120, availability perhaps

IMG_20170706_200123.jpg

ericj

I always thought that the ID tag was under the rectifier center of the tractor

eric j

P.S.

I'm sorry I looked at the first picture and realized that the rectifier was mounted on the removable plate so the tag would not be there, it was down by the lift handle, my bad  :hide:

eric j

Edited by ericj
  • Like 1

ACman

Nice horse by the way!

That's one question that gets a lot of attention is ....WHY? :scratchead:

The answer to the question is .... nobody's figured that one out yet  :angry-banghead: 

Edited by ACman
  • Like 1

Boonelynch

I'd also like some suggestions/recommendations for oil, tyranny fluid, lube etc. Basically anything I should do or change before I put this puppy in active use. 

paxz71usa

Nice. I'd like to get a better view of how the trailer ball draw bar is attached if possible. It's exactly what I've been looking for to pull a log splitter. 

Thanks Boonelynch,

Gary

Achto

:text-welcomeconfetti: to :rs:Nice looking tractor.

WHX??

That's an easy one Gary, get yourself or build  an axle hitch with a 2 in receiver. All kinds of them out ther. Then get a high/low drop ball mount and good to go. Brings the log splitter right up to level height.

paxz71usa

Thanks Jim, I'll look into that. Kind of new to this.

Gary

953 nut
On 7/6/2017 at 9:49 PM, Boonelynch said:

I'd also like some suggestions/recommendations for oil, tyranny fluid, lube etc. Basically anything I should do or change before I put this puppy in active use. 

The first thing nI would do is replace the fuel line and filter. Use only ethanol free gas and run some Seafoam in the fuel from time to time. The transmission should use 90 gear oil and there is a thread titled "Just Curious" going on about engine oil, read it and make up your own mind.

• Like 1

Racinbob

It kinda looks like an ID tag was never pop rivited in place. :scratchead: In any case, 100 or 120 it's a nice machine. Based on the fixed rear fender and flip forward seat vs a flip back fender it would be a 76 or 77. I don't think it has a hood ornament either which would indicate those years too. :)

• Like 1

Boonelynch

Thanks for that input. It's nice to narrow the year down a little bit more