Tgtack

What have you done on your WH today?

5 minutes ago, Big_Red_Fred said:

Looks Great Eb, i'm next ;-) 

Thanks BRF.

I really have to give most of the credit to my honey.

Her design and mostly her work...

1 hour ago, ebinmaine said:

Thanks BRF.

I really have to give most of the credit to my honey.

Her design and mostly her work...

I was looking on line , seen a B80 with a loader, that would be a great addition to your family & a ride for ur special someone

• Haha 2

50 minutes ago, Big_Red_Fred said:

I was looking on line , seen a B80 with a loader, that would be a great addition to your family & a ride for ur special someone

Oh Yes it would !!!!

Gave my 416 Onan a good workout yesterday. My next door neighbor has been in poor health and unable to do anything for the past 4-5 weeks so his field and lot behind and beside me was very tall and thick. I went over and cut them yesterday-had to go fairly slow in some spots, but really no problem. Later, our neighbor behind me came over and said he couldn't believe I was able to cut that so easily-he cut a section of the field that is next to his place with his new Dixie Chopper and apparently it didn't like it at all. He said he wished he still had his Wheel Horse (he traded it 15-20 years ago and hasn't been happy with anything else since)

• Like 2
  • Thanks 2

3 minutes ago, Big_Red_Fred said:

@ebinmaine B80 in Mass with your Lady's name on it, spoil her IMG_04671.jpg.6089a5a9d582e27748add8d437dd7537.jpg

HAHAHAHAHA !!!!!

That's Adorable  !!!!

• Like 1

23 minutes ago, ebinmaine said:

HAHAHAHAHA !!!!!

That's Adorable  !!!!

I don't know how I lived for so long with out a FEL, it's freaking great, absolutely love it !!!!!!!!!!

eric j

• Like 2
  • Excellent 1

Working on a 1959 Wheel Horse RJ transmission that sat in the mud for several years!  Shifts in all gears but  opening the case tomorrow to see the real story!

A $20 dollar gamble but I am game for it!

021.JPG

025.JPG

019.JPG

009.JPG

• Like 1

Lane Ralph, Mr. Adventure....;)

• Like 2

11 minutes ago, ztnoo said:

Lane Ralph, Mr. Adventure....;)

I'm gonna have to start fabbing work benches for all you:wh: Nuts & delivering them to your home ! Good grief Ralph, my Knees are swelling up watching you 

1 hour ago, ebinmaine said:

HAHAHAHAHA !!!!!

That's Adorable  !!!!

Its You Brother LOL

44 minutes ago, ericj said:

I don't know how I lived for so long with out a FEL, it's freaking great, absolutely love it !!!!!!!!!!

eric j

After the D, FEL Next

• Like 2

6 hours ago, ericj said:

eric j

Yeah... we'll have one here within a year or two I hope.

6 hours ago, Big_Red_Fred said:

Its You Brother LOL

Hahaha...:D

My honey...She's a keeper... last night she was showing me pics of tractors she thinks are "cute".

One was a mini crawler dozer.

Maybe after we get one with an FEL.....:handgestures-fingerscrossed:

• Like 1

9 hours ago, Lane Ranger said:

transmission that sat in the mud for several years!

I'm no expert, but I think you may need a new axle there!    :ychain:       Looking forward to more :text-coolphotos:.

021.JPG.5ff525b4bc4ba91ff9054769fbfd0d58.JPG

• Excellent 1

953 nut  :  A little bit chewed up  Richard, don't you think?   I will post a pic or two today when we open the case!   Could be a lot more interesting items!

• Haha 1

20 minutes ago, Lane Ranger said:

953 nut  :  A little bit chewed up  Richard, don't you think?   I will post a pic or two today when we open the case!   Could be a lot more interesting items!

Buried Treasure, Ouch dang gone knees

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

Posted (edited)

Big_Red_Fred:   I don't want you worrying about my knees!   I have some good transmission level seats.

It's my gears and axles that may need some assistance!

007.JPG

006.JPG

005.JPG

But a great sunrise today so maybe all will go well!

002.JPG

Edited by Lane Ranger
  • Like 3

2 hours ago, Lane Ranger said:

Big_Red_Fred:   I don't want you worrying about my knees!   I have some good transmission level seats.

It's my gears and axles that may need some assistance!

007.JPG

006.JPG

005.JPG

But a great sunrise today so maybe all will go well!

002.JPG

10-4 on the rear end driver LOL

• Haha 1

@Lane Ranger looks like quite the project you are about to tackle...most people I know would not have the patience to try and save a transmission that bad...good luck and keep us posted

• Like 1

Summary of today's Wheel Horse  work:

Well hard to believe this but  no real fluid in the 59 RJ transmission (January 5, 1959 on case)  but lots of rust debris and no major gear issues (one chipped tooth on two spider gears -all  with 11 teeth) and two of the lower/center  hoobie doobies on the side of the case broken off  (where the side plates bolt on the case).     Of course both axles were shot to pieces as the hub ends where completely rusted through.   Amazing but other than tha most gears were ok, but as Stevesaurus always says you don't know u ntil you open it up what you have.   This appears to be the older style  brake shaft gear (eight teeth) and the older style differential. 

Side panels were pretty good shape although we broke the two  brake pad bolts off on the side tab.   And although most bearings and oil seals will need repalced  it is amazing that the two brass bushings in the axle tubes and in the differential have little  wear exhibited .

All in all  more than worth the $20 investment for the transmission.  

I do have other parts can cases to work with and plan on getting two good RJ transmissions  rebuilt out of the gear stocks I have now.  And maybe one Suburban rebuild too!

009.JPG

010.JPG

011.JPG

012.JPG

013.JPG

014.JPG

015.JPG

025.JPG

• Like 2
  • Excellent 4

I worked on the Work Horse. Major electrical melt down. The owner put a wire jumper in place of the fuse.

• Sad 1

12 hours ago, 953 nut said:

I'm no expert, but I think you may need a new axle there!

So it's a little rough around the edges... what's a bit of rust among friends??:teasing-poke:

4 hours ago, Professor1990 said:

@Lane Ranger looks like quite the project you are about to tackle...most people I know would not have the patience to try and save a transmission that bad...good luck and keep us posted

:text-yeahthat::text-goodpost:

I'm impressed....

• Like 1

Your all a Great Group of  :wh: People, we need our own town ! More like a few States

• Excellent 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Confused 1

23 hours ago, Big_Red_Fred said:

Your all a Great Group of  :wh: People, we need our own town ! More like a few States

:confusion-confused:     That would make horse rustling much too easy!    :ychain:

• Like 3

A 520H just popped up on Clist by ericj, 2 stage blower, 48 deck, wheel weights, plow, partridge in pair tree, You all know how it goes, leaking axle seal, cotex oil catcher & i dont have but 400 dead presidents ! Hey Ed, put that camera down & snag that horse @Ed Kennell