Gkiesel

Tecunseh V7hp replacement engine?

Gkiesel

Hello all. I have a 1969 Charger V -7 electric start that the motor is worn out. I know the faithful will probably boot me off the forum, but is it possible to mount a 7hp Honda motor? or something similiar? Not sure if it's a common bolt pattern or not with these old tractors.

Any suggestions would be appreciated. Thanks, G

Racinbob

:WRS:

I doubt that the bolt pattern would match and there would be other things you'd have to deal with but it wouldn't be difficult nor the first Honda on a Wheel Horse. :)

Tuneup

They have put Hondas and Harbor Freight Predators on them. Saw someone out in Britain put a hit-n-miss on one so no booting will occur. You can be the first to put that Kawi 1100 on it but watch the wheelies - they starve for oil. Accept the challenge. B)

Gkiesel

Yes. The ZRX motor would do the trick. Is the old tecumseh bolt pattern the same as a briggs? or kohler? Just wondering. I guess I could make up a mounting plate. I just need the shaft to be long enough to get the drive pulley in the right spot below.

Howie

I am pretty sure the Tecumseh and Briggs have the same mounting pattern. Probably the Honda also have not had one of those in my hands to compare.

Have switched Tecumseh to Briggs.