TravelinJavelin

whas the difference between C-series frames and the 953/1054

TravelinJavelin

having a hard time finding folks that will part with 953/1054 snow plow set up so how much difference is there from the C-series to these? could a C-series version be modified? how bout it there 953 nut whats your take?

"D"- Man

I am fairly certain that the 953/1054/1054A frames had transaxle to frame mounting bolts pattern that was unique to these models.  As far as the dozer/snow blade interchangeablity with the "C" series I'm not sure. 

953 nut

I use a long frame snow plow on the 953 with no problem, it had the handle for changing blade direction cut off when I got it so don't know if that needs alteration.

Lee1977

There were two types of snow plow axle mounts. The C-series and newer models mounted under the rear axle, where the older type mounted in front of the axle. That would gain a few extra inches in length.

Edited by Lee1977
  • Like 1

TravelinJavelin

this mounts on the rear axle for sure the ones I've seen for the 953/1054 looks like V wedge type unit and the C series rounds off square towards the mounting area in the back just wasn't sure if the lengths were the same width's or not ....I probably shouldn't worry about this til I get my tranny fixed but you got to get if its available

• Like 1